Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Great Performance Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Thumbs up Great Performance Upgrade

I've got an 08' Mazda 3s Hatch and it's basically all stock. (I just bought it 3 weeks ago)

Today I got my HyperTech Max Energy Sport Programmer in the mail. It plugs into your ECU and makes various adjustments to help boost performance.

All I can say is that this product is absolutely sick!! The changes are 100% noticeable!! The gas peddle is so much more responsive. The car feels like its got 1.5 times the torque. The entire RPM range of each gear has so much more power.

If you're looking for a boost in performance and have a stock or slightly modified engine, I highly recommend getting the HyperTech Programmer.

Max Energy Sport - Hypertech

Cheers!

Old 01-19-2012, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by TrueThemes
I've got an 08' Mazda 3s Hatch and it's basically all stock. (I just bought it 3 weeks ago)

Today I got my HyperTech Max Energy Sport Programmer in the mail. It plugs into your ECU and makes various adjustments to help boost performance.

All I can say is that this product is absolutely sick!! The changes are 100% noticeable!! The gas peddle is so much more responsive. The car feels like its got 1.5 times the torque. The entire RPM range of each gear has so much more power.

If you're looking for a boost in performance and have a stock or slightly modified engine, I highly recommend getting the HyperTech Programmer.
Cheers!
A fifty percent increase in torque? I call BS!

Folks, this dude is a spammer looking to drain you're wallet; beware!

Old 01-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Banned

I agree that the torque will not be that much of a difference. I have heard Hypertech worked on some 4 cylinder models but there is nothing for the V6, not even a performance chip (only piggy back tuners).

http://forum.mazda6club.com/hypertec...mmer-work.html

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 01-19-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
A fifty percent increase in torque? I call BS!

Folks, this dude is a spammer looking to drain you're wallet; beware!
I'm not a spammer, I don't work for Hypetech or any other affiliates. I run my own web design business, TrueThemes.

Maybe a 50% increase is overkill but all I'm doing is sharing my experience. Install the HyperTech Programmer and you will 100% absolutely feel a huge performance boost in your Mazda 3.

Shoot, if you live anywhere near South Florida we can meet up and you can use my Programmer for free.

Just tryin to share the good news brother.

Happy Tuning

Old 01-20-2012, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by TrueThemes
I'm not a spammer, I don't work for Hypetech or any other affiliates. I run my own web design business, TrueThemes.

Maybe a 50% increase is overkill but all I'm doing is sharing my experience. Install the HyperTech Programmer and you will 100% absolutely feel a huge performance boost in your Mazda 3.

Shoot, if you live anywhere near South Florida we can meet up and you can use my Programmer for free.

Just tryin to share the good news brother.

Happy Tuning
Sorry, what you've described is pretty much impossible without internal changes to the engine (i.e. compression ratio, and different cams), or the addition of forced induction. Until you have a before and after set of dyno runs (and a second set a week or two later after the OBD-II system has recalibrated), I submit that you might have been able to eek two or three pound-feet of torque out of the engine; no more.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Default Only Two Ways...

There are only two ways to achieve the increased torque and performance you state. If one really wants a significant dyno and seat of the pants performance increase; it's either turbo charging or adding a supercharger. Thats it!

Other less expensive additions (headers, dual exhaust, after market chips, etc.) will give a false feel of more performance accompanied by more noise which adds to the attraction.

But...to shave seconds off the quarter, it's a turbo charger or super charger.

By the way; Shipo's torque statement is spot on....

Last edited by Virgil Howarth; 01-23-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Virgil Howarth
There are only two ways to achieve the increased torque and performance you state. If one really wants a significant dyno and seat of the pants performance increase; it's either turbo charging or adding a supercharger. Thats it!

Other less expensive additions (headers, dual exhaust, after market chips, etc.) will give a false feel of more performance accompanied by more noise which adds to the attraction. WRONG

But...to shave seconds off the quarter, it's a turbo charger or super charger. YES

By the way; Shipo's torque statement is spot on....
Sorry, HEADERS do increase power. It has been proven over and over with more HP. Better intakes help as well (DYNO proven as well). Try it sometime. However, people get too crazy by increasing the rest of the exhaust too much actually decreasing velocity and HP.
The engine is a big air pump. The more air in and the more air out = more power. Even on my Mazda 6, my K&N intake flows better than OEM. I have stated this before. If you put your fingers up the accordian tube on the throttle body side you will feel the sharp tight bends----the K&N is smoother with longer space between bends contributing to better flow along with there filter.
Even getting the proper air/fuel ratio will increase power.
Don't even get me started on the 2006 exhaust where the crossover pipe comes to a "T" not a "Y" for extreme **** poor floor as well as 2 sharp bends (poor flow slows down velocity) before the main cat.
On certain cars it is more than others but intakes & headers work!

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 01-23-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: velocity
Old 01-23-2012, 08:55 PM

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Headers won't do squat for an engine unless wholesale changes are made upstream of said headers. Ditto the K&N; unless the engine has been dramatically altered, the K&N won't do anything for power, all of the anecdotal reports to the contrary.

Long story short, if you want more power, you need to enter the realm of forced induction.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Banned
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by shipo
Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Headers won't do squat for an engine unless wholesale changes are made upstream of said headers. Ditto the K&N; unless the engine has been dramatically altered, the K&N won't do anything for power, all of the anecdotal reports to the contrary.

Long story short, if you want more power, you need to enter the realm of forced induction.
YES IT DOES WORK THAT WAY! Don't say the K&N won't do anything for power because it does. You may not notice it, but it does. My buddy owns a garage with a DYNO. I am not B.S.ing anything here. Example of DYNO comparisons K&N:
K&N Air Intakes, Cold Air Intakes - World Leader in Performance Air Intake Technology read 1st 2 paragraphs.
http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/69-6026_dyno.pdf HP for 2003 Mazda 6 before and after runs. + 6.5 HP
http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/57-2555_dyno.pdf 2003 Ford Mustang 4.6 ltr + 12.5 HP, +30HP on SVT
Please don't tell me K&N is lying: Quote from K&N----- "Our horsepower numbers are not based on the single biggest gain from one particular vehicle but are an average of runs and vehicles". Like i said i have felt and seen the difference with my fingers. More air in = more HP.
Performance changes depending on the vehicle.

With proper Headers it is even more of a difference (normally more than that of intake). I watched many shows such as Horsepower TV where they actually compared stock exhaust manifolds to different headers with amazing results (and not changing anything else), and my friend's DYNO has also proven this over stock exhaust. Look at a header compared to a stock manifold and you'll see the difference in flow.
Cat backs are for noise and generally yield very little HP gain as the increase in size slows down velocity and the restriction is usually before that (less than K&N intake).

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 01-23-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
YES IT DOES WORK THAT WAY! Don't say the K&N won't do anything for power because it does. You may not notice it, but it does. My buddy owns a garage with a DYNO. I am not B.S.ing anything here. Example of DYNO comparisons K&N:
K&N Air Intakes, Cold Air Intakes - World Leader in Performance Air Intake Technology read 1st 2 paragraphs.
http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/69-6026_dyno.pdf HP for 2003 Mazda 6 before and after runs. + 6.5 HP
http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/57-2555_dyno.pdf 2003 Ford Mustang 4.6 ltr + 12.5 HP, +30HP on SVT
Please don't tell me K&N is lying: Quote from K&N----- "Our horsepower numbers are not based on the single biggest gain from one particular vehicle but are an average of runs and vehicles". Like i said i have felt and seen the difference with my fingers. More air in = more HP.
Performance changes depending on the vehicle.

With proper Headers it is even more of a difference (normally more than that of intake). I watched many shows such as Horsepower TV where they actually compared stock exhaust manifolds to different headers with amazing results (and not changing anything else), and my friend's DYNO has also proven this over stock exhaust. Look at a header compared to a stock manifold and you'll see the difference in flow.
Cat backs are for noise and generally yield very little HP gain as the increase in size slows down velocity and the restriction is usually before that (less than K&N intake).
The thing is, until you are able to post before and after dyno runs for your car, and then a second "after" dyno run a couple of thousand miles later (after the OBD-II system has recalibrated), I call shenannigans on your claims.

As for you what your buddy may or may not say, sorry, I've seen too many dyno runs which show the K&N to be completely and utterly ineffectual when it comes to extra power to believe the word of a friend of a friend's husband of a third cousin (twice removed).

As has oft been said, "Extrarodinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Quick Reply: Great Performance Upgrade