Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Had fun driving home from work today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Default Had fun driving home from work today.

I'm really liking my Mazda3! I normally don't weave in and out of traffic, my Ram isn't that nimble but since I've gotten my 3, I do it a little more. Today was one day I did do it. Traffic here is bad, bumper to bumper at times. I will say from the start that traffic and dilweed drivers drive me nutz [sm=icon_flaming.gif]. Today was a day that no matter what lane I picked, the guy in front of me was crawling. I would change into the lane that was moving, then that lane would crawl and so on. Compared to my Ram, the 3 is very nimble so I was changing lanes whenever I saw a slow down coming. Then I saw an opening and put my foot down, I shot by a bunch of slow cars and had a big opening in front of me. I looked own at the speedo and I was doing 95 mph, sure didn't feel like it. So, I QUICKLY slowed down before Mr. CHP got me and from then on, it was a pleasant drive home.
Jim

Old 05-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Default RE: Had fun driving home from work today.

i love highways...
as soon as i get on, i gun it....
and weaving is so much fun!! especially when the cars are spread out, so you can just maintain a constant speed and pass everyone!!

Old 06-04-2007, 01:53 PM

Man it's like that everyday here (Baltimore) especially going thru the tunnels. Not so much fun since it seems that only half the drivers are paying attention and only half of them can drive. (I'm being nice actually none of them can drive worth a crap)

Old 06-04-2007, 11:05 PM

Yeah, I noticed I drive more like an a$$ now too with my rice burner. I need to quit it or I'll prob end up dead from driving like an a$$ or a vic of road rage. Haven't even made my first payment and I already badged my damn rim.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Lev

I'm lucky and live in the country and the highway is only a mile from my house.I go on the NYS thruway and it is always open roads ahead, except memorial day weekend and 4th of july weekend. I'm always going between 90-100 mph and when someone doesn't move out of the passing lane i just pass on the right. the car drives beautifully on the highwayandit has the confidence to do those speeds. I try my hardest to take it slower but my Lola begs me to push her so i give in. But going at those speeds i always guzzle up more gas on the highway than on local roads.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Lev

But going at those speeds i always guzzle up more gas on the highway than on local roads.
hmm...
i was doing ~160ish on the highway the othey day, and it said i was getting 5.2L/100km....
and that works out to about 42mpg..
i know that isnt 100% correct, but damn!