Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Head Light-Low beam

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Good point, Lev. But HIDs were not available in '99 either.
'Glad you are still checking in too, BTW.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Lev

I had a feeling. I googled a 99 323 and it was almost a protege look-a-like, or it was a protege with a different name. I think it may be a European model. In Europe i believe they have levelers for their headlamps, be it halogen or HID. By they way Richard, I saw a picture of you and your beautiful wife. Lucky man.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Are you trying to say that I am too ugly to attract a woman like her? Hmmm? HMMMMM?
Actually, and very off-topic (sorry Frogg & jimmy) she and I went to HS together, graduated together, but never hung out or dated together. By the time we met again (25yrs later) I was here in Texas, she was still in Pa. We met again on Classmates.com. We went to our 30th HS reunion 5 yrs later as husband and wife.
Weird story, huh?

Old 02-09-2009, 06:15 PM

Thanks for all the replies.I kept on looking and found that the thumbwheel should be set at 0..which would be on high...and depending on how many passengers it would be set to 1,2 or 3 to make it lower for oncoming cars.Thanks again for taking the trouble to post.Cheers.
Jimmy.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Lev

Ah ha so he is in a different country. I thought so. I believe England, pardon my ignorance if I'm incorrect. I wish our haolgens here came with levelers too. When people are driving with loads halogens still blind oncoming drivers. It's not just an HID thing. Also Richard, I never said you weren't good looking. Maybe i should have stated it this way, she is lucky to have you. I just didn't want fellow mazda forumers to think i was hitting on you. I would like to put the funny faces in here, but they are MIA. Also, I liked the story. Very romantic.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1

Are you trying to say that I am too ugly to attract a woman like her? Hmmm? HMMMMM?
Actually, and very off-topic (sorry Frogg & jimmy) she and I went to HS together, graduated together, but never hung out or dated together. By the time we met again (25yrs later) I was here in Texas, she was still in Pa. We met again on Classmates.com. We went to our 30th HS reunion 5 yrs later as husband and wife.
Weird story, huh?

lol god rich turn this into days of our lives.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:32 PM

Hi there Lev....I am in Ireland....The land of never ending rain.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lev
Also Richard, I never said you weren't good looking. Maybe i should have stated it this way, she is lucky to have you. I just didn't want fellow Mazda forumers to think i was hitting on you. I would like to put the funny faces in here, but they are MIA. Also, I liked the story. Very romantic.
Sorry for the late reply, Lev.
I think you already know, but to avoid confusion: I was just messing with you... and the rest of the crowd.
I figured if no one else, that JimJim would chime in with some nasty comment about the way I looked after my post and was just giving anyone that chance. I don't mind being the brunt as long as I am laughing with you, if you know what I mean?

You mean these? Those smilies?
The full list isn't up from the SW change yet, but I have heard that it's coming. I'm sure that's not top priority on our ADMINs plate though either.