Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Headlights!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:55 AM

thanks alot guys youve been very helpful!! i think ive got more help from this forum than any other ive ever been apart of! lol only other thing i need help with is money so if you guys can help with that then your by far the best lol

hey tracker is this where you got your hid's? HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning
i ask because i saw you had it listed on the preformance website sticky is seems like a pretty good deal. i went to hid nation and they want you to pay for a lifetime warrenty... really? lol

also i know most people go with the 6000K and it seems to be a light blue color which is what i want but i dont want it to be to light to where you cant even tell... i want cars coming in the other direction to know i have HID's lol and tobe able to see that sweet blue glow lol... but i know mazda has that weird foggy lens cover will that make it look less than 6000k? should i go 8000k to contor that?

and one other question do i need the HID harnness(for an extra 12.50) or the error eliminator ( for an extra 15)? (listed on the above site)

Last edited by virgin1; 05-15-2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 04-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

I still say stick with 4300k and swap the lenses if you want the blue look. Then you don't sacrifice any light on the road and they look awesome.

You don't need the battery harness... not sure what an "error eliminator" is.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:39 AM

i think im gunn ahold off on doing it all till i save up enough money to do all of it at once (lenses, HID's, halos, and led eyelids) probably be better off that way but thanks alot of all the help all of you have been very helpful

Old 05-14-2011, 11:26 AM

it was driving me nuts, wondering what that fuse was for... turns out it's an option for california emissions. It should be driven directly from the main relay (R14), so i'm not sure why its a delayed turnoff - but it is a good location to power auxilary stuff.
Keep in mind that it's supposed to be a 10A fuse, so concerning wire size / voltage drop you may not want to draw much more than that from the contact.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

I kinda' figured that, Dave, and believe I even speculated about that on one of the forums? Not sure which one now though.... The fact that it's inconsistant is one of the puzzling questions in my mind. Just when I think I have it timing figured out, it seems to throw in a curve ball.

How did you find out? What were your sources?

Last edited by virgin1; 05-14-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:12 AM

now that i have my halos wired up it actully seems to be pretty consistant lol about 12-15 seconds lol but i have only had them in for 3 days now lol

i got my hids installed and i LOVE them!!!! so much better than hallogens lol i can see almost as far with my low beams now than i can see with my high beams!

Last edited by virgin1; 05-15-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 05-15-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1

I kinda' figured that, Dave, and believe I even speculated about that on one of the forums? Not sure which one now though.... The fact that it's inconsistant is one of the puzzling questions in my mind. Just when I think I have it timing figured out, it seems to throw in a curve ball.

How did you find out? What were your sources?
I've got the factory workshop manual and a wiring diagram... I just looked up the fuse location and went from there. I have no idea why the ignition off signal could be delayed, now i'll be curious about that part too.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cornwellbs
now that i have my halos wired up it actully seems to be pretty consistant lol about 12-15 seconds lol but i have only had them in for 3 days now lol

i got my hids installed and i LOVE them!!!! so much better than hallogens lol i can see almost as far with my low beams now than i can see with my high beams!
Much of the timing of them seems to be related to driving time and temperature/weather. If you drive longer, say 16 miles as I do to work, sometimes they will stay on for well over a minute! But, when I stop for gas and only have another 4.5 miles, they go out within a few seconds. BUT when it's colder out, they don't seem to stay on as long.

You may find other driver's will flash you and that you will have to do a little fine tuning of the headlamp adjustment screws. There are three. Of the two easiest to see and get to, one adjusts just the low beam while the other adjusts the whole assembly up or down. Be sure to only adjust the one that deals with the low beams, or you'll adjust your factory high beams down as well, and that would be a fail. I know. :thumbsdown:

Originally Posted by djs2571
... I have no idea why the ignition off signal could be delayed, now i'll be curious about that part too.
If you find an answer to that one, let me know too. I've been curious about that for a few years now.

Last edited by virgin1; 05-15-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:50 AM

I drive about 22 miles to work or 20 miles to school and only seems to be a out 12-15 seconds ever time lol

And ictully i haven't had a single person flash me yet and almost 3/4 of my driving is a dawn or later so my lights get alot if use