Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

HELP!! Minivan rammed my brand new car!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Default RE: HELP!! Minivan rammed my brand new car!

Thankfully, no mechanical damage, but the Auto Body Shop quoted me $4000 in damages so far (w/o taking it apart). I will upload pics this evening.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:28 PM

but you do have insurance right? How long have you had the car? In GA you automatically have insurance for 30 days of purchasing any vehicle new or used. If there is a dated title change. even if the car is like a $20 Geo. It shouldn't be too bad.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:53 PM

Mangled Mazda Pics attached - no mechanical damage, but $4k in body work: new quarter panel, door, tire, bumper, re-alignment. Have to pay my deductible first and then the insurance company covers the rest. Once they subrigate to the other guy's insurance company, we'll both get reimbursed, though.

Will upload a pic of what it looks like when it's fixed. Only had the thing 3 weeks!!

Old 07-29-2006, 07:51 PM

dam nthat hurts they eyes. Good luck with that whole deal I know it sucks. I almost got rammed tofday in a parking lot by a guy backing his lincolin Navigator. I stopped and he got like 2 inches away before pulling forward. He pulled into a spot and got out and was like "Oh my I am so sorry aobut that." I was like "it's ok, you didn't hit me and that's all that matters" but I would've been pissed because he wa sbacking downhill and it would've crushed my little car into the ground and the damage that gives is worth more than the car so I'd get like $3000 for it which isn't near what the car is worth to me. I sure hope that your experience with insurance is nice.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:06 PM

They are going on two weeks having my car... Quoted me up to three weeks before I get it back because apparently, it's very hard to get the parts for the brand new models since the car is hot right now. Whenever I get it back, I will have to let you know if it still drives the same.

In the mean time, I have a KIA Optima rental. HAHA - it's making me REALLY miss my Mazda...

Old 08-03-2006, 04:30 PM

it's unfortunate that people get into accidents, whether it is their fault or not. All I have to say is, as long as everyone is okay after the incident, then it could have been worse. That's how i look at it. Be happy you are okay!

Old 08-07-2006, 11:27 AM

[:@] Okay, now they are saying they should get the parts this week and that I will be in the car by the end of next week. Then they will have had my brand new car a month!!!!! Does it really take (1) month to get a back quarter panel and a new door??!?!??!? Anyone know?

Old 08-07-2006, 03:26 PM

shippint, priming, painting and clear. yeah 1 month is still a little too long. 2 or 3 weeks maybe would fit better. Anyways good luck with it and at least it's getting worked out.