Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

HID question

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Default HID question

hey everyone...
just a couple questions...
i wanna get HID's for my 3, cuz my xenon bulbs are crap, and dont project at all....
so ive been looking at kits and all that, and im just wondering why all the kits only come with 2 bulbs?? dont we need high beam bulbs too?? or are those integrated into the low beams??

and whats a good brand to get???

thanks, Adam

Old 06-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Default RE: HID question

the hi and low should be seperated into two lights inside the lens. the kit should include two lights and the adaptors to be able to mount up. you will not need HID hi-beams

Old 06-17-2007, 07:09 PM

oh ok, so what do i use for hi beams?? anything??
like, i dont want empty hole in my highbeam headlight wheren the bulb should be

Old 06-17-2007, 09:38 PM

Dont the HID sets just "replace" your old stuff, so you still have your stock HI beams in there, just new supadoopa low beams.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MazdaN00b

Dont the HID sets just "replace" your old stuff, so you still have your stock HI beams in there, just new supadoopa low beams.
You are correct.The original halogen high beam bulbs stay in place and are still active.
Since the low beams in our cars are a seperate, dualfiliment bulband continue to be lit when the high beams are active, the benefits of the HIDs are not lost when using the high beams.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:01 AM

ok, so i think i got it here...

-the HID bulb goes in the projector (low beam) housing.
-the high beam housing is kept stock
-the HID is both a high and low beam (?)
-since our day time running lights are the highbeams, just duller, the daytime running lights wont flicker, because they are not HID....

am i right about all this??

Old 06-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

I think you've got it covered now... unless you decide you want HIDs high beams too?

Old 06-18-2007, 02:42 PM

haha.. can u get HID high beams??

i doubt it i'd ever use them, i hardly ever use my high beams right now as itis....

Old 06-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Lev

Putting HIDs in the high beam sockets would be a waste. Although it may look cool, u have to wait for the bulbs to warm up and turning xenon bulbs on and off shortens the life of the bulbs. Unless you are always on back roads and dont have to worry about turning them on and off all the time then its alright but the halogen bulbs do their job well.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:37 AM

I know alot of people put a higher temp in the highbeams....but that is just for looks....if you put a really high temp, the visibilty will go down and won't really bother other drivers....that much.

i used a custom set up for my HIDs and i love....once you go HIDs you will never want anything else.

Quick Reply: HID question