Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

HID question

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HID question

And remember that a standard kit will not fit our cars as a conversion w/o the proper adapter for the H7 replacement.
W/o it, the D2S (I think that's right?) will just flop around.
How did you deal with this shalezoom3?

Old 06-20-2007, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: shalezoom3

please post which ones you go with and once you get it make sure you post some pics.
yupp!! i will!! and i'll take pics of my stock bulbs, my xenon bulbs, and my HID bulbs for comparison!!

Old 06-23-2007, 09:17 AM

I've been reading a lot on this forum for a little while now and I finally decided to sign up because I had ot post some input on this topic.

I've had a bit of experience with different HID kits and retro-fits so I hope this helps.

As previously noted, you definantly do not want to go any higher the 6500k. Lots of colour but poor visability.Even alower Kwill still give you the colour you're looking for and will give you the best visability. You get that bluish look when the colour band at the top of your cutoff hits you in the face. If you look back @ the picture of light projected on the wall you'll see how the lighthas a clean cutoff line. That's so you're not blinding your neighbourwith your bling lights. The reasonthe lights lookblueis because all the colour is in the top inch or two of that cutoff and that's what hits the otherdriver most of the time. Stick witha lower K and you'll still look hot and love the visibility.

As for your highbeams.imo keep the stock bulbs in there. Your highbeam will provide your day-time runner as well as yourhighbeams. Bi-Xenon HID's (HID's that provide both a low and high beam from the same bulb and projector) are great, but to have that you'll have to chop your lights to pieces and retro-fit ones out of abimmer or something else. VERY pricey. Your stock bulbs will shoot off a high messy light that will givea little more visability. If you're doing a lot of highway driving,just tilt your low beams up a tiny little bitand you'll never turn on your highbeams again. The only downside to this is you'll **** of nearlyall oncoming traffic.

Hope something here helped.Let me know how it turns out. I plan on putting a kit in mine any day now.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:59 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget
I Installed does on the fogs Went with 5000k For It could match my stock HID's. They loo great

Old 07-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Lev

How can u tilt the projectors? Mypassenger sideheadlight is lower than mydriver sideheadlight and it leaves this dark spot right in the middle. I agree with newf709, the lower ratings are what you would find on all OEM HID equipped vehicles. If you put a 5000k bulb next to a car with stock HID's they will look pretty much the same. If you put a 6000k next to that car you will see that the 6000k is more white than yellow. They have it more yellow so the light doesnt tire your eyes. With the lower rating, the light will still have a blueish hue to it for oncoming drivers but it will be more yellow when ur behind the wheel and it will be more clear than a 6000k bulb. Go with the lower rating it will be more satisfying and it will look like the car came standard with the lights.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:03 PM

Just out of curiosity, have you you instaled the kit yet? I'm doing a little research intodifferent ones available, so I can order a kit any day. I would love to seeor hear results of any one who has installeda kit already. Any advice or tips from people who are using kits would be great.

Cheers

Old 08-17-2007, 01:46 PM

i got my kit installed last night!!!!
and WHOA!! wat a difference!!

i bought a set of Prolumen 6000K hid's thru a local forum.
on my way home (at night, btw), i could see everything!!!

best mod ive done to my car so far!!!!
no joke!!!

i'll post pics up probably on monday or so, as im away on vacation this weekend.

tty guys then!!

Old 09-17-2007, 09:50 PM

has anyone done this mod to a Canadian 3? The daytime runners are causing my HIDs to flicker like mad. Had to put stock bulbs back in for now.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:20 PM

hmmm...HIDs are nice but like..are they legal? some cops might pull you guys over for having "Unique" lights

Old 09-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: EvoAllen

hmmm...HIDs are nice but like..are they legal? some cops might pull you guys over for having "Unique" lights
Technically all aftermarket HIDs are illegall, and sure a cop could hassle you. That being said as long as you're not putting HIDs in reflector housings, and you're not doing high kelvin bulbs (6000k+) then they probably won't even notice you. If you stay around 4300k then I doubt they'd even look twice.

Quick Reply: HID question