Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

How many tickets have you gotten with your Mazda 3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:23 PM

One ticket. I was doing 78 in a 60 zone in Brenham, TX. Dropped it to 75 in a 60. And I have a CDL, so, no defensive driving. $200

Old 05-28-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1

My theory is that when a person driving a low or downright underpowered vehicle, once they get up to speed they do not want to have to stop or slow for anything.

Notice I didn't say that I was never before pulled over for speeding, just that this was my first ticket. Actually, I was probably pulled over between 10 and 12 times before, just never given a ticket for it.
I too check my mirrors, use my turn signals even when no one else is around to notice, constantly scan the turf, NEVER, EVER talk on the cell phone (if I even have it with me, which itself is rare,) ALWAYS wear my seat belt (if its good enough for the pros.... I wish I could get my wife to feel the same way,) etc.
I have this nightmare that one day we'll be driving along and get into a bad accident. I will survive w/little or no injury while she will be killed. Part of me will feel that it was her own d*mned fault for being so d*mned stubborn, while the other part of me will feel guilty about it for the rest of my life. I feel helpless to stop her from being her own worst enemy.
I've been wearing belts since the early '60's when my mother bought a new '64 Dodge Dart 25th Anniversary Edition that came w/lap belts. (175ci Slant 6, 3-sp on the tree, no reverse lights. They were extra/optional. )
That's how I feel in the pizza truck: slow as hell to build speed so when I have to slam my brakes and start over... I'm pissed lol. I also have been pulled over, oh, 2 other times I believe. Once in my old '91 Honda Accord when I was 17 (58 in a 45... was let go by the constable) and once in the Mazda 3 south of Waco. I was doing almost 80 at night in a 65 zone, but I don't think the trooper got a good radar reading. He pulled me over and gave me a written warning. The violation only said "over 65 mph."

Old 05-29-2010, 11:24 AM

Well if we want to talk about previous pull over/ tickets.
16- wreck, failure to yeild at stop signed intersection.
16- turned left in no left turn through grade school crosswalk.
16- expired plates
21- speeding
22- speeding

Not to mention the 5 written warnings when I was 16-17

Old 05-29-2010, 11:30 AM

Here is the sad truth about seatbelts, they can also be responsible for serious injury or even death. Me and my friends (who all wear our belts anyway) have had long discussions on that subject, my one friend had installed a 4-point racing harness into his car, he feel much safer, he was once pulled over for something stupid and the cop noticed that he was wearing a harness, the cop asked him why and he replied with "I dont want to die because of a seatbelt, this harness is much safer". I wish companies were not so cheap and i wish more people knew about physics, if they did they would understand the major enhancement of a "racing" harness and a roll cage, heck even a roll bar would be better.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by apbbnbanb_07
Well if we want to talk about previous pull over/ tickets.
16- wreck, failure to yield at stop signed intersection.
16- turned left in no left turn through grade school crosswalk.
16- expired plates
21- speeding
22- speeding

Not to mention the 5 written warnings when I was 16-17
Are you sure you are all normal... I mean have all the normal faculties working for you and everything?
With this post alone, you are starting to worry me.....

Originally Posted by Tracker
Here is the sad truth about seatbelts, they can also be responsible for serious injury or even death. Me and my friends (who all wear our belts anyway) have had long discussions on that subject, my one friend had installed a 4-point racing harness into his car, he feel much safer, he was once pulled over for something stupid and the cop noticed that he was wearing a harness, the cop asked him why and he replied with "I don't want to die because of a seatbelt, this harness is much safer". I wish companies were not so cheap and i wish more people knew about physics, if they did they would understand the major enhancement of a "racing" harness and a roll cage, heck even a roll bar would be better.
Most people wouldn't take the time to use a 4 or 5 point racing harness. Look at how many people don't even take the time to buckle up w/a std 3-point?
A single unsupported, or improperly supported roll bar can be VERY dangerous in an accident, especially a roll over because it can collapse and actually trap a driver or passenger in the car. Worst case scenario is that is could break their neck(s) and actually cause a fatality they are supposed to help avoid.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:14 AM

im talking about a properly supported roll bar, i would still go for a cage, i was just saying. And yea i had forgotten how lazy people are, i mean just look at how many people drive an automatic (by choice) and dont even get me started on auto climate control, heated seats or day time running lights and how about the automatic parallel parking....what happened to DRIVING your car???

Old 05-30-2010, 09:06 AM

It's just a conspiracy. They are out to get me.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Ah-hah! So you're a paranoid then?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:20 PM

Radar detector -> Zero speeding tickets

Old 06-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to have to disagree with a new member already, but a radar detector may reduce the number of speeding tickets you get, but with multiple bands and instant-on radar now commonplace, it won't catch all of them.

Quick Reply: How many tickets have you gotten with your Mazda 3?