Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

hypertech now has module

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

I would be happy if they would go for around $100, but that ain't gonna happen.
I have to agree with you, but to me and from where I come from most things are overpriced these days. $300-$350 sounds about right for a minuscule power bump like that.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:03 PM

I'm gonna have to jump in here and ask a stupid question; why would anyone jump on a tuner that nets you a rip roaring 4 hp? The Piasini flash nets better than 15 on a STOCK car, at the wheels! And it only costs 500.00!

Old 11-19-2009, 05:28 PM

People spend close to that for similar results from CAI.

Where do you get one of those for a 2008 2.8L (non-Speed)? I did a quick search and found them for sale if you trade in EUROs. And not for my car either.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Aubrey
People spend close to that for similar results from CAI.

Where do you get one of those for a 2008 2.8L (non-Speed)? I did a quick search and found them for sale if you trade in EUROs. And not for my car either.
We are the US rep for Piasini. And yes we have a reflash for your car, and no, I don't do Euros! LOL

Seriously, we have been tuning the mz3 2.0 and 2.3 NA for the past year or so with Piasini.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:25 AM

Who is 'we'? I do not know you. I know nothing about you or your company.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:33 AM

Who is 'we'? I do not know you. I know nothing about you or your company.
Sorry, I was not trying to be secretive, I just didn't want to be accused of spaming the forums. What would you like to know?

DPTune is a small tuning firm in the Atlanta area. We(I) have been tuning high end euro cars for the past 15 years. We started tuning Mazdas several years ago because a good Porsche customer was having trouble getting someone to hack his spec miata track car.

Long story short, we are the only tuning firm in the us with the equipment and know how to to tune the entire Mazda line, from the older Protege, right up to the new 2010 mazda3 NA.

We do pcm reflashing to order, based on your mods, and your dyno sheets and data logs via UPS/FEDEX/USPS. We also travel to do remaping at club meetings and dyno days. All of our maps are based on actual tunes of our test mules here in the shop on our in-house 800 hp Dynapack chassis dyno.

Hope this gives you some answers. ...dyno

Old 11-20-2009, 03:46 PM

Do you have a website? Tuning info? Dyno info? Price sheet? I can't find any info on DP Tune in Atlanta or anything for the US regarding Piasini.
Also, I have no dyno or data logs and have no plans on pulling the PCM from my car. What are other options?

Old 11-20-2009, 10:19 PM

Do you have a website? Tuning info? Dyno info? Price sheet? I can't find any info on DP Tune in Atlanta or anything for the US regarding Piasini.
Also, I have no dyno or data logs and have no plans on pulling the PCM from my car. What are other options?
Ya know, people ask me about a website all the time, and the answer is simply, we just haven't gotten to it yet. I own the domain, dptune.com, but I just never can find the time to proof what the web designer we hired two years ago has done.

We're the only partner in the us. There is PSI in Canada, and several hundered partners in the rest of the world, but the us got stuck with us.

To answer questions;
1. I assume your question on tuning info is regarding what we tune? If so, we have control over ALL the maps in the mazda pcms, so everything from timing, fuel maps, cam timing,fuel pump duty cycle, and on and on, comes into play when we tune a 3
2. are you asking about our equipment? If so, we tune on one of three 800hp dynapack 4000's. All our tuning is dne with LM-2 dataloging, and Motec is the afr of choice.I am including a sheet for our 2005 mazda 3 test mule. Please note this car is STOCK down to the air filter element.
3. Pricing is simple; 450 for the 2.0, 500 for the 2.3, 650 for the v6 in the 6, and 700 for the ms3
4. If you have no intention of dynoing your car, then there is really no use in doing anything to it. Without knowing where you are, it is impossable to know where your going, correct?
5. as far as removing the pcm; you don't have to, we can flash the pcm in the car. We do it this way when we tune cars on the dyno. If your asking about flashing thru the data port, it's just not a viable thing right now. The problem is, and this is what hypertech is running into, is that not all of the maps can be "reached" without k-line access. This is the same reason the AP tuners are limited on the ms3. Please let me know if you wanna know anything else, or if I missed something.....dyno

and heres tq/pwr

Attached Thumbnails hypertech now has module-pwr-afr.jpg   hypertech now has module-pwr-tq.jpg  

Last edited by virgin1; 11-22-2009 at 04:39 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the info.

Do you do your own custom tune (attached) or the PSI tune/tuner? I'm not clear on that.
But to have it reflashed without removing it from the car that's driving to Atlanta to connect to your machine there, right? (I'm in Colorado.)
What's 'k-line access'?
How do people contact you?