Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

I guess I have CarPlay in my 2017?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2023, 03:44 PM
Thumbs up I guess I have CarPlay in my 2017?

New to all of this but it looks like the previous owner installed this judging by the marring on the right side?
Do I need any special apps for this or does it work automatically without installing anything extra?

Old 12-06-2023, 10:08 AM

Looks like it works with the Amazon Basics USB-A to USB-C cable but none of my other cables.

Old 12-16-2023, 08:47 PM

After playing around with it for the last couple of days I don't relly see what the point is. Bluetooth just seems better.

Old 12-27-2023, 05:54 PM
Default CarPlay

Originally Posted by KevBounce
After playing around with it for the last couple of days I don't relly see what the point is. Bluetooth just seems better.
bluetooth doesn't play music... at least that's what the dealer told me. If you figure out a different way I'd be happy to know, though I have and iPhone. The thing I hate is when it's in CarPlay instead of bluetooth if you get a call, it comes through the phone speaker not the car system which totally sucks.

Also... wtf that you have to use the buttons to control it while driving because it actually takes longer and requires more looking away from driving to use the buttons. I don't know who thought that was cool but it sucks.

I use it because I play music off my phone, and my phone mapping is easier to use and better. but it's kind of sucky for a number of reasons.

Old 12-28-2023, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by victorias
bluetooth doesn't play music... at least that's what the dealer told me. If you figure out a different way I'd be happy to know, though I have and iPhone. The thing I hate is when it's in CarPlay instead of bluetooth if you get a call, it comes through the phone speaker not the car system which totally sucks.

Also... wtf that you have to use the buttons to control it while driving because it actually takes longer and requires more looking away from driving to use the buttons. I don't know who thought that was cool but it sucks.

I use it because I play music off my phone, and my phone mapping is easier to use and better. but it's kind of sucky for a number of reasons.
Strange, I'm on iphone 15 and the Bluetooth works for everything. I paired using the Bluetooth settings in my phone. Now I can use Pandora and my phone automatically switches to "Accessory" mode.
Phone calls come in through the speakers as well and I had a conversation with my wife. No cables. One of the options is Stitcher but that app doesn't exist anymore.