Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

I may live in Texas...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Default I may live in Texas...

...but it sure as hell didn't feel like it yesterday... haha... I had an awesome day playing in this stuff.

Was working in the Killeen area yesterday and had my car parked in Temple. Mind you, this area of Texas pretty much never gets snow. Ever... and if it does, it's just flurries.

And then I found my 3 like this, haha...

Old 02-24-2010, 05:12 PM
VB

Nice license plate.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by VB
Nice license plate.
hehehehe

Old 02-24-2010, 06:19 PM

We have gotten snow in houston 3 of the last 5 years now and 1 other time in the 20 years before that. You would think that global warming would have this licked by now. Just when I thought that I had houston weather figured out.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by wsoape281
We have gotten snow in houston 3 of the last 5 years now and 1 other time in the 20 years before that. You would think that global warming would have this licked by now. Just when I thought that I had houston weather figured out.
It's Texas. Weather is never very predictable here. lol. I used to live north of Houston for 15 years. I've only been in Austin just shy of 3 years. I remember several years ago when those two cold fronts smacked into each other and made it snow like crazy along the coast and the border. Galveston was hammered. I lived in Conroe, though... and we didn't get crap. I got a few flurries on my way to work and everything had icicles hanging from things. That was it for me lol.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:48 PM

Y'all are having way too much fun; I'm jealous. So far at least, we've only had about thirty inches of snow this winter, and we normally get closer to one-hundred.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by wsoape281
I lived in Houston from 1981 to 2000. Yep, saw measurable snow maybe twice and flurries a couple other times. I remember though in 1989 when it got down to 5 degrees one morning and everyone's pipes froze and broke. What a pain. Got tired of those LONG hot summers though, I like Atlanta much better- 4 full seasons and not too much of any of them. But Houston was fun though.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:35 PM

Here is IL we have had our ugly spells, but thats normal.

And about the global warming thing, global warming will actually cause weather to act weird like this, something about the ice caps melting are causing colder water to flow down to the gulf and mess stuff up. As long as the ice age holds over until my life is done, or the Lord comes back, I'm not too worried about how much emissions my car puts off. LOL

Old 02-27-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Y'all are having way too much fun; I'm jealous. So far at least, we've only had about thirty inches of snow this winter, and we normally get closer to one-hundred.
I don't envy you haha. I told friends that if it could snow just a few inches and stay right at a few inches, I'd be happy as hell. I love snow, and with a few inches I wouldn't have to worry about crap like being snowed in or having to dig my car and work truck out (yeah that DiGiorno truck is one my work trucks BTW)

Old 02-27-2010, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by knucklehead11
I don't envy you haha. I told friends that if it could snow just a few inches and stay right at a few inches, I'd be happy as hell. I love snow, and with a few inches I wouldn't have to worry about crap like being snowed in or having to dig my car and work truck out (yeah that DiGiorno truck is one my work trucks BTW)
The thing is, even when we get 18" we're only off the roads for less than half a day, the crews around here are just that good at the snow removal thing. Now, wind and ice storms on the other hand are a different thing entirely. During December of 2008 we went over 8 days with no power, and just now the veil of darkness has been lifted after a two day black-out due to "Hurricane strength winds" (the National Weather Service recorded an official 91 mph a couple of towns north-east of us early Friday morning).

Good thing I bought that generator back in 2002; up until 14 months ago I had been wondering if it was such a good investment, since then I've put nearly 250 hours on the poor beast.

Quick Reply: I may live in Texas...