Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

I Miss It Already & What I Don't Like About The Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Default I Miss It Already & What I Don't Like About The Sedan

Took the HB in for a couple of minor **** Me Off things today, Carpet keeps coming out from under the Console on the drivers side and the rubber molding is out of the track on the top of the door.
So they send me to Enterprise and I get a 2009 Metropolitan Grey Mazda 3 Sedan.
First, The back window, must be used to the HB, but that sucker is small. I also miss the slight bulge on the hood.
And then we have the 4 speed Automatic with the 2.0 next to it.
I guess I shouldn't complain, at least it is a Mazda, and I do like the color, the other color I was thinking about when I got the 08.

Name:  DogsandRentalCar015.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  261.8 KB

Old 03-30-2009, 06:58 PM

It is cause ur used to the rear hatch window. The rear window is not small at all... but the sedan rear window is at a sharper slant than what you're used to.

I agree the four speed sucks *****.

I don't know what the difference between the 2.3 and the 2.0 feels like but I'm fine with my 2.0

Old 03-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

They gave you a rental for those two little things?
I'm glad you got the copper, Ken. Gray is just.... gray!! Boring.
At one time, we had 6 titanium gray Mazda3's in our local club here. They'd all line up and, well... I know I've posted this pic before.

Look at the left side of this pic. Then look at the right side. Between the one Cosmic Blue, a silver and one black car are all those Tit Gray ones. Even the owners of them were saying we had too many gray cars in the club and how boring they all looked together.
I think the back-light in the hatch is small and if it were any smaller, I'd think I was driving a mid-engined Ferrari. (Yeah, sure I would.) But it's also further away from the mirror which may have the effect of making it seem bigger.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:57 PM

They won't be able to tear it apart until tomorrow. I am also getting it aligned, figured I had better do it before I put the new tires on

Old 03-30-2009, 11:19 PM

SEEE i told you.. You would never reget the 5 spd. THIS IS LIVING PROOF. i need to bookmark this

Old 03-31-2009, 03:33 AM

I truly think it is more the loss of Torque with the 2.0 more than the Automatic, a hill mine doesn't even slow down on with the cruise on it downshifted and still lost almost 5 miles per hour with the cruise. I guess it could be both

Old 03-31-2009, 02:34 PM

I have to agree, copper mica red, 5 speed, M/T. The other one on the lot was grey. There but for the grace of God....

Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1

They gave you a rental for those two little things?
I'm glad you got the copper, Ken. Gray is just.... gray!! Boring.
At one time, we had 6 titanium gray Mazda3's in our local club here. They'd all line up and, well... I know I've posted this pic before.

Look at the left side of this pic. Then look at the right side. Between the one Cosmic Blue, a silver and one black car are all those Tit Gray ones. Even the owners of them were saying we had too many gray cars in the club and how boring they all looked together.
I think the back-light in the hatch is small and if it were any smaller, I'd think I was driving a mid-engined Ferrari. (Yeah, sure I would.) But it's also further away from the mirror which may have the effect of making it seem bigger.

We have a car club?

Old 04-01-2009, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

Well, we used ta'. It's kinda' dead now though.
The yung'uns have moved on... school, work, different rides, etc, but occasionally I see that some still get together.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:54 PM

Hey quit knocking the 2.0 atx. Its not that bad. Although, I can personally say I've never ridden in a 3 with a manual or a 2.3. Manuals are always going to be quicker than auto's I just think of what you are used to...stock you have a manual (quicker) and 10 ex HP (quicker) so you slowed down a bit with the auto and the 2.0. I have never had a problem going up hills though. sure O/D kicks in but i've never lost speed or have had to downshift. At least you lost some weight going to the sedan lol.

I can say though that i have driven an 07 2.3 5-spd auto 6 and that was slow as ****. If there was only a way to use that 5-spd atuo tranny in the 3's in would be much quicker than that 4spd...I think they did put it in the 010' models. Speaking of which I can't stand the front end but love the back end of the new ones...they are supposed to be coming with a 2.5L with like 170HP i think but i haven't seen one yet, from what i read you can have the manual or the 5 auto comes with dual outlet exhaust on the 2.5

Quick Reply: I Miss It Already & What I Don't Like About The Sedan