Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

i smoked a mazda 3 with my EL

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:05 AM
Default RE: i smoked a mazda 3 with my EL

Yeah. He owns the Acura EL now. He sold it to his grandma and purchased an 08 3, which he has yet to pick up. So he was driving the Acura and he says he smoked someone else in a 3. However, alot of things depend on drivers ability and threshold. Not that I race or nothing.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:19 AM

To me it would be like watching a couple of turtles race....although one is declared the winner whenone of them gets to the finish line first.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:34 AM

Yeah. Snail power. One of my techs here has a 69 Charger. He's still working on it. But, the size of that engine underneath!. Raw power that sounds like it has power.

I just like my Mazda. I don't even drive that fast. I like the autobox. I drove stick for over 12 years. Even though my short commute to work is ramp to ramp on the highway. I just love putting it in drive and going. I am trying to get my mileage to under 7.0 lts per 100. (Sorry, don't know miles per gallon. Canadian eh?) Right now it averages 7.8. Should be better after a few.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:58 AM

was the driver of the mazda even aware that you were racing? lol I have a vision of you pushing everything u can out of your el while the mazda driver is completely unaware that u guys are racing and hes still keeping up with you

Old 08-30-2007, 08:50 AM

I drove up beside this guy in a 2000 sunfire. (not in good shape) He had two young girls in the car. I was behind a p/up truck and he was behind a minivan. So there we sat. Metalica pleasently blasting out my sunroof. Light turns green. The p/up vears off to take ramp to highway. Now, I am in no hurry. So I am driving along. No cars ahead. But, the minivan is pulling away. So sunfire dude, I can hear the engine, starts to speed up to jump in front of me. (Don't blame him, no one wants to be behind a minivan)
So, I speed up just a bit to lock him in. I leaned out my window and smiled. I say "I used to have to drive a Sunfire, sorry. Then I drive away. Boy was he mad. But, sometimes I'm just a jerk. But, we were not racing. I just knew what his car could and could not due. My Sunfire was stick and tuned. His was auto and not so tuned. Could have easily swallowed that car with my M3. Espesially if I get a "shark fin" and not have the attenna hit the lamp posts creating drag.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:53 AM

he wanted to race me. honked at me asked me to race i said ok and i won. dont know why. and yes whoever said that i do own a EL right now for 7 days untill i get my 08 (which im damn excited) is right. but i myself was shocked thought i would get smoked by his car. however my EL is Manual and his was an automatic so that may have played a factor into it. not too sure. also a couple of things i put a cold air intake onto it and it has a racing tranny so ya mine isnt stock lol. but his was. soo now goodbye EL and hello Mazda 3 .

Old 08-30-2007, 08:56 AM

but i lost to my friends Grand Prix GTP. that kind of suucked but you have to realise how fast those damn cars go for a family sedan. my friend can do a quarter mile in the high 13s. its crazy how fast these GTP's can go. smoked my car by i dont even know how far lol

Old 08-30-2007, 09:11 AM

In 2006 I rented a Grand Prix GT to drive to Indianna. Had that bitch up to 120 without breaking sweat.. Some honkin U.S. Suv was trying to keep up, but got nervous and backed off. So here I am. Wife telling me to slow the &(*& down. Look in my mirror and a whole bunch of dust kicked up from under the bridge I passed under. I said uh oh. State trooper. I tucked back into the line of traffic in the slow lane and the SUV got pulled over. Back to Canada here I come......

Old 08-30-2007, 09:23 AM

haha niice niice. well back about a year ago he got a ticket for going about 95 in a 50 zone. see i drove that car and it has power... minus how much he has spent on it. (thus far more then he paid for the car which includes 5000 for a new racing tranny while mine cost me 1500) but wow that car goes. see that car is deadly fast. it looks like a sleeper cuz all he has is 17" konig's on it. but people race him like a 2005 BMW 330i raced him and he killed it. it was great. dont underestimate them lol cuz they are crazy fast vehicles when given the chance

Old 08-30-2007, 09:41 AM

8 cylinders. Enough said

Quick Reply: i smoked a mazda 3 with my EL