Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

ICE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Default ICE!

Well the ice storm finally is hitting us hard here in the Heartland of America.
Supposed to get 3/4" of ice.
Good thing my job has an oversized garage for semis (don't tell my boss the 3 is in it!)

Will post pics of my poor blue ice cubein the morning.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Default RE: ICE!

we are supposed to get. iunno alot of snow :P. supposedly like 20 cms or so

Old 12-19-2008, 04:27 AM

We are getting Rain, and a little more rain, and just in case you are sick of rain it is going to rain some more.
I guess we have been lucky we have been on the warm side of the Jet stream, weare supposed to get close to our record high here today, with Rain.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:30 AM

Good luck with the storm. We got hit here in southern New Hamster eight days ago and our house is still without power, cable or internet access. [:@]

The electric company told me on Wednesday that we would have powerback last night; however, last time I checked, last night comes before this morning, and yup, you guessed it, no power. I took a peek at the web site for reconnection details and see that they have pushed us back to sometime tomorrow. Yeah, right. Let me see here:
[ul][*]We are forecast to get as much as a foot of snow today (along with high winds), so there probably will not be too much repair work done today.[*]Tomorrow will feature sun, cold temperatures and more wind, not a great recipe for line, pole and transformer repair.[*]Sunday we are forecast to get another winter storm.[*]The forecast for Monday, Wednesday, Friday and the following Sunday also indicate snow.[/ul]
Hmmm, maybe I should start a "Reconnection Pool" (you know, kind of like a baby pool, guess the date and time we get power back). [8D]

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Good luck with your storm, keep warm, and keep your "3" cozy in your garage (I will not tell your boss).

Old 12-19-2008, 06:53 AM

Well, about 5:00 this morning the entire plant went down out of power, our generator crapped out and was pushing only 27V with an amazing 5A to run an entire seed conditioning plant.

No work, didn't bother, the problem was getting the car out of the recieving room.
With an amazing feat of flashlights and manpower we heaved the door open with enough room to get the 3 and my co-workers F150 out.
Only to drive home in the worst slush mess I have ever seen.

Welcome to my friday!

Would post pics but this D@MN thing wont let me, any help?

Old 12-19-2008, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Siber Express

We are getting Rain, and a little more rain, and just in case you are sick of rain it is going to rain some more.
I guess we have been lucky we have been on the warm side of the Jet stream, weare supposed to get close to our record high here today, with Rain.
I am a little east of Siber but it is the same here - Rain, Rain, Rain, Supposed to rain all weekend. Ugh! But, as Siber said, lucky the temps here have been mild. If we were having the cold we were having a couple weeks ago we'd be in heap big trouble.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:53 PM

20 cms here and im not elaving the house

Old 12-20-2008, 09:55 PM

Hey James.
Left work early Friday. (Dealer closed and let us go home) Had to come in from Mississauga to Cambridge. What a slow drive that was. Defroster worked over time. Almost ran out of washer fluid. Not to mention the Rigs and "all seasons" out their.

Made it home.

Bring on Sunday's winter storm. (Hope it's not as bad as Friday)

Old 12-20-2008, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: mazdachris

Hey James.
Left work early Friday. (Dealer closed and let us go home) Had to come in from Mississauga to Cambridge. What a slow drive that was. Defroster worked over time. Almost ran out of washer fluid. Not to mention the Rigs and "all seasons" out their.

Made it home.

Bring on Sunday's winter storm. (Hope it's not as bad as Friday)
ya its bad, and supposedly tomorrow is gonna be worse. bah, well i picked up the mazda3 on friday. took it on a baaaaaaaaaaad drive from milton to rockwood *took 25 screw the 401* and took me an hour to drive there and driver back another hour. and mississauga to cambridge. ahh man you prolly took like 4 hours to get home. are you in preston or galt?

Old 12-21-2008, 09:13 AM

Niether, I live just off of Townline rd, north of 401. aka: Hespler.

Well, Sundays drive was a little worse. Due to the fact there was less cars on the road, so we tried going faster. All snow covered, but not as heavy.

Only took 50 minutes to get to work today. Spent too long shoveling my driveway this morning at 6am.

Fridays drive was an hour and a half. Stopped at Timmy's before hand and got an extra large. So, all was good.

Quick Reply: ICE!