Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

if you didnt buy your 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: if you didnt buy your 3

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

wow.. my choice for the second car is wayyyyy off from u guys...
I said it to Lupae and I'll say it again: You already own the better of the two.
Dodge? Chrysler hasn't had a good releablilty record in years... and years and years, if EVER. You'd have to pay me to take one off their hands.
Just say,I was working for AMC/Jeep when Chrysler bought them out in '87. Jeeps were not that well built to begin with based on my foreign car experience. When Chryler bought them out they got worse.
Stay away from anything w/the Dodge, Plymouthor Chrysler name plate on it. Even my mother, who was a dyed in the wool Dodge/Plymouth owner for years, gave up on them.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:28 PM

never say never richard. back in the day they made the K car as well as the old school Caravans. Those cars were built to last forever... untill as you said they went downhill. and from there they turned worse and worse which is why you see caravans from 95 and up dying every which way. they are all over scrapyards lol. i went to the scrapyard a while back because he was needing something. I saw a huge row of Dodge caravans and Neons haha. as well as Ford Windstars and Ford Taurus's. by that you can tell that they are not reliable vehicles.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:37 PM

I think I would have gotten the VW gti. But the price was a lot more then the 3. I have a 04 jetta and I have to say it feels alot more solid then a 3.

[align=center] [/align]

Old 10-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Well then, how bout if I just say that they produce some of the ugliest cars on the planet and have for years.
BTW: That K-car/Caravan you were talking about, ask the former owners how many head gaskets/machinings they went through before they traded or scrapped the car.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Well then, how bout if I just say that they produce some of the ugliest cars on the planet and have for years.
BTW: That K-car/Caravan you were talking about, ask the former owners how many head gaskets/machinings they went through before they traded or scrapped the car.

well then i would say your right *coughptcruisercough* they did produce the ugliest cars in the world. and thats true they did have problems with the head gasket but my grandfathers girlfriend has a K car with like 30 000K lol. which is maybe 12000miles. and it hasnt had anything wrong with it i dont think. its all about the luck of the draw

Old 10-05-2007, 07:15 AM

mine would have been a mazda6 sport 5door but i got a loaded mazda3 touring instead. As for if it wasnt a mazda i would have probably gone with the scion tc.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:44 AM

i am in PA right now. I am going to mechanicsburg tomorrow (saturday) to look over the gti. if things seem well, i will be back the following weekend to make the trade.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 AM

I said it to Lupae and I'll say it again: You already own the better of the two.
Dodge? Chrysler hasn't had a good releablilty record in years... and years and years, if EVER. You'd have to pay me to take one off their hands.
Just say,I was working for AMC/Jeep when Chrysler bought them out in '87. Jeeps were not that well built to begin with based on my foreign car experience. When Chryler bought them out they got worse.
Stay away from anything w/the Dodge, Plymouthor Chrysler name plate on it. Even my mother, who was a dyed in the wool Dodge/Plymouth owner for years, gave up on them.
Jeep is extremely well built. I mean everyone has opinions, but I owned a 98 Jeep Grandcherokee and got the 4.0L straight 6 and you cant kill that engine. That is prob. one of the best built, longest lasting engines. They have made that engine for over 30 years.
The trannys scare me a little because of the whole chrysler thing, but again I have my jeep up over 115k and I had no problems, traded it in only beacuse of gas prices for the 6.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

wow.. my choice for the second car is wayyyyy off from u guys...

that says alot about american cars itself....

Old 10-05-2007, 01:48 PM

i actually made the trip out today to see the gti. its gorgeous and i am serious about getting it. if you are interested in my 3, check out https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_55335/tm.htm and get in touch with me. Thanks.

Quick Reply: if you didnt buy your 3