Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

I'm new to Mazda

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Default RE: I'm new to Mazda

HA HA HA!!!! I'm new too. About the dissing ford thing, I'll try to keep myself from doing that, but we'll see what happens. I really want to buy the ms3 and I'm going to start posting and reading up here to see what everyone thinks of the mazda's. I've had no luck with my focus, but It was just that, luck. So i'm still going to go with a Ford product. Give em' another chance. Anyway, I hope to hear good things from everyone [sm=chattypair.gif]

Old 06-05-2007, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

He's a bit touchy on the subject.

Having an opinion doesn't get you in trouble at all...being a top poster on here doesn't come with any kind of authority (nor would I want it to.)

I don't have any problem withpeople having their preferences...Ijust hate it when people say things like "I love everything except for this one thing...that must have been the Ford influence (referring to the one bad item.)" or "this thing broke on my car....must have been Ford." That type of bias is unfair.

I'm glad he's giving Ford another try, the new Focus is going to be very nice, and Mazda is in the Ford family of vehicles....

I wish people truly understood the impact that buying American only cars (or all products for that matter.) would have on our economy. There would be no recession and you wouldn't see foreign companies sweeping up American dollars in their multi-billion dollar profits....

Old 06-05-2007, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

I wish people truly understood the impact that buying American only cars (or all products for that matter.) would have on our economy. There would be no recession and you wouldn't see foreign companies sweeping up American dollars in their multi-billion dollar profits....
I agree with this completely. I just wish that we all bought american cars, but we do also have to face the quality of the cars that we make. USUALLY they aren't anything to compare to foreign cars-because they put more money into making them. I just hope that we can face it that honda and toyota are more well rounded cars and come up with a good idea on how to make ours better then thiers. It's just going to take time... (but how much)

Old 06-05-2007, 07:45 PM

I don't have any problem withpeople having their preferences...Ijust hate it when people say things like "I love everything except for this one thing...that must have been the Ford influence (referring to the one bad item.)" or "this thing broke on my car....must have been Ford." That type of bias is unfair.

Unfair? Ford ishemorrhaging money for a reason. I wouldn't trade my M3 for anything in the Ford or Mercury lineup. They can't even make a decent oildipstick ... the one in my M3has FOMC stamped on it,and its about as easy to read as a Ouiji board.

So, the world would be a better place if everyone in the world bought only their own country's products? I guess we'dbe happyto give up all the money we earn whenever anyone on the planet uses a Microsoft product on their computer, flies on a Boeing plane, wears anything with the Nike logo (Chinese manufacturing, yes, but much of the profit comes to America), watches an American TV program or Hollywood movie, etc, etc.

Ask anybody familar with the pre-Berlin-wall-falling world of Eastern Europe and Russia what you get when you block imports. You don't get a wealthy, recession proof land of opportunity. You get crap products and poor people.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:55 PM

I'm all for free trade...I just think it needs to be fair. Ever heard of the trade deficit. That's imported goods vs exported goods. The deficit has reached record proportions because we buy so many things from overseas.

There is no electronics industry in this country anymore because we couldn't compete with S.E Asia (labor costs.) I see the same thing happening with cars. Except 1 in 5 jobs in this country are either directly or indirectly involved in the American auto industry, without those jobs here, you are talking 20% unemployment (1 in 5) .....that's great depression scale unemployment.

Enough jacking this guys thread.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: LIandy

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I've been a Honda owner and a Nissan owner (both excellent cars). Recently I was in the market for a new compact car and was looking for something sporty; but "Daddy sporty" not "Street car racing" sporty. So the Honda Civic Si was out (plus I was not happy with how Honda redesigned their car this year) and the BMW was too expensive, so I settled for the Mazda 3 S Touring (manual trans).

I was looking for a reliable car... did I buy one in the Mazda 3? What has been your experience.[/align]
Sorry we got off the subject. We need more input about the quality of the mazda 3. I promise not to post anymore in this thread about foreign and american stuff... I want to hear more about the 3 too

Old 06-05-2007, 10:44 PM

I'm all for free trade...I just think it needs to be fair. Ever heard of the trade deficit. That's imported goods vs exported goods. The deficit has reached record proportions because we buy so many things from overseas.

There is no electronics industry in this country anymore because we couldn't compete with S.E Asia (labor costs.) I see the same thing happening with cars. Except 1 in 5 jobs in this country are either directly or indirectly involved in the American auto industry, without those jobs here, you are talking 20% unemployment (1 in 5) .....that's great depression scale unemployment.

Enough jacking this guys thread.
So your gonna throw out your little blast, and then say enough? I don't think so. One jack too many on your part.

When the electronics manufacturing went offshore, did the country collapse? No. For all the whining about theexporting of jobs, unemploymentismuch lower now than it was in the 70s when all those jobs were here.

Hmmm. How did that happen? Try having some confidence in your own country. We're not some little one dimensional weakling on the verge of collapse. We'll always end up fine, because we're talented andinnovative. Let the other countrieshave the crappy repetitive manufacturing jobs. We'll findbetter, more lucrative things to do with our time!

Old 06-06-2007, 07:26 AM

FYI...those "crappy manufacturing jobs" pay on average $60-75K/year before overtime....I know of many people with highschool educations making 6 figure income. The cost to Big3 with burden (health care, etc.) is around $75/hour (@2080 work hours/year) that's $156,000.

But yeah...let other countries have those crappy, low paying jobs and pay someone 1000 pesos/week (about $100)...currently the going rate in Mexico...China is even cheaper.

We should start a different thread to continue this.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:27 AM

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA
Try having some confidence in your own country.
Exactly my point...buy American.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:44 AM

ORIGINAL: ohioguy

ORIGINAL: LIandy

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I've been a Honda owner and a Nissan owner (both excellent cars). Recently I was in the market for a new compact car and was looking for something sporty; but "Daddy sporty" not "Street car racing" sporty. So the Honda Civic Si was out (plus I was not happy with how Honda redesigned their car this year) and the BMW was too expensive, so I settled for the Mazda 3 S Touring (manual trans).

I was looking for a reliable car... did I buy one in the Mazda 3? What has been your experience.[/align]
Sorry we got off the subject. We need more input about the quality of the mazda 3. I promise not to post anymore in this thread about foreign and american stuff... I want to hear more about the 3 too
You "settled" for a much nicer car than the Civic....I have put 52,000 miles on my 3 with only a broken #4 motor mount (just before 50K) replaced at the dealer with no issues, even with a ton of Mazdaspeed acc. installed on my car.