Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

installing amp and sub

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Default installing amp and sub

as topic says this is what i'm trying to do. i researched and saw if you want to preserve the factory HU you have to disconnect the back speakers and connect to a line out converter or directly to the amp if it support hi level output. what i want to know is exactly the total wattage and impedence (ohms) the HU supports. what i want to do is connect the front and reason speakers to the HU have them running as mids and just use the amp and sub for lows...possibly adding some capacitors to the 4 cabin speaker to stop bass on them? any ideas thoughts

Old 05-10-2010, 12:29 PM

You really should take a look at devices like the JL Audio Cleansweep or other similar items. they take the speaker output from the radio and flatten it, then create RCA-outputs to an amp. I had my 2009 MZ3 running with JL 9-Conductor cables to the trunk into the CleanSweep, a JL CL-RLC splitting the rear front channel and allowing remote gain control for my sub, all into an Alpine PDX-5, then back up to the dash with another set of 9-conductor cable. I used Metra harnesses into the factory radio and wires and nothing had to be cut.