Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Installing Power Windows / Locks

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Default Installing Power Windows / Locks

Hey all. I'm new to Mazda - just bought a 08 Mazda 3 on Monday. I was able to get a really good deal on it, but unfortunately one of the things it lacked was power windows / locks. This is something I've considered having installed in the spring (need to save up obviously and i won't be rolling down the windows much in the winter anyways.) So far I seem to be 0/2 in searching for someone who would be willing to do this. I first contacted my local mechanic who said it would require mostly Mazda OEM parts (as I'd want) and power windows + locks would probably run upwards of $1,500. But, he said he wouldn't recommend having it done. I then contacted my local Mazda dealer (the dealer I purchased the car from is about 45 minutes away) who said they too would not do it because it would require a bunch of new things including a new fuse box. At the same time I've seen kits for both power windows and locks (ex: http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autol...powerdoorlocks) that can be customized for each car and model, but I have no experience working on cars and wouldn't really want to try it.

If I had to chose between power locks and windows I think the locks would be a bit more convinient because making sure every1 remembers to lock their doors is a bit of a pain. Has anyone had any luck finding a dealer and / or mechanic willing to do something like this?

thanks in advance.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Installing Power Windows / Locks

https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_24241/tm.htm