Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

ipod connectivity and new 2010 m3

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 07:00 PM

Hey there,

I have a new '10, owner since yesterday.

Anyways, I have a jailbroken iPhone with 2.2 firmware and it syncs up fine. I can make calls and dial numbers with voice. I don't see the signal strength though, but I have not tried other phones. I have not tried calling using contact names though, only with numbers.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:12 AM
Thumbs down

congrats on ur new car....i'm loving my 2010...i have tried 3 phones untill now it has been 2 weeks tht i have car on me...and they both were jail broken and i have tried every single thing bt somehow BT does not recognize the songs my phone works fine and i can make calls and dial calls perfectly with no problem....bt its just the music part thts messed up...well enjoy ur new car i m sure u would be driving it and enjoy every second of zoom zoom in ur hand

Old 06-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Default My Samsung Phone works great

My wife and I each have got the Samsung Eternity - which is iPhone-like, but cost less. Both phones are paired with my 3. They work great for music player and phone functions, and no breaking or unlocking was necessary.

sabihpasha - some things to think about or try
- Once your phone is paired with the car, it should link up automatically when the car is turned on. Does your phone give that indication?
- When a phone is paired, you should get both a phone icon and a music note icon on the MFD screen, meaning a phone and music player is available. I also get a Bluetooth-headphone-looking icon on my phone - not sure what the iPhone will show you.
- Also, you can separately choose the primary device for phone and music player. I didn't get it to autopair with mine when it was looking for my wife's phone. From the "Setup" menu, "Choose phone" and "Choose music player" will separately let you choose which device is your primary phone & which is your primary music player. Make both selections for the phone you are looking to use.
- Make sure you are selecting "BT Audio" with the mode button. But it won't let you if you don't have a music player paired.

For some of the other stuff, the music player is controlled through the big button in the middle - you can play/pause or scroll through the playlist. The last playlist chose in the music player is the one used when the 3 hooks up. No song data is displayed on the MFD. Music is paused automatically when activating the voice/phone menu, and resumes automatically when complete.

The phone functions are great - you can import contacts via Bluetooth, and then assign a voice tag. The 3's phonebook keeps track of the Work/Mobile/Home numbers assigned to the contact, and so you can say "Dial" and call out the numbers, or "Call" and say the name. Note that you don't have to wait for the prompt at each stage. For example, you can hit the phone button and say "Call Julie mobile", and it will just display the stored number and dial it. (I spent about a day going through the prompts one stage at a time) I was also impressed with the quality of the voice recognition - with the recorded voice tags, my wife is able to use the same tags that I recorded instead of recording her own.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Default iPod not working

I just had Mazda install the iPod harness and when I got the car home and tried it out, it didn't work. I used an iPod Touch first and the screen said "Accessory Connected", however i could not access my music from the stereo or steering wheel control. I toggle through the "Mode" button, however "iPod" doesn't come up.

I then connected another iPod (Nano) and it showed the Mazda logo on the screen and "OK to Disconnect"...same problem, couldn't access any music.

I called the dealer and they had no idea, they said it's a new item and they have no manuals on it.

Has anyone ever run into this problem? Is there something that needs to be programed on the head unit?

Thx.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:19 PM

I've got an idea!
Get rid of that hideous machine and get you a 3 from the good era. HAHAHA

Old 06-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Default one more tip

Say "send" at the end of your voice command and it will stop waiting for you to say something else and just execute the command.

And apbbnbanb_07... Our '10s are making the rest of you look dated. I think you're just jealous.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:44 PM

I had an '07 3 that went off lease, I liked it so much I have a '10 GT with tech package on order. I'm not in love with the jack o'lantern grille but am jazzed about the many new features on the '10 over the '07.

I have an Ipod (not Iphone), the sales guy said that instead of using the cable, go get a Bluetooth Ipod adapter and go that route for connection, we will see how that goes, car is still 6 weeks out.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:52 AM

I tried the Bluetooth adapter on the iPod, it doesn't work.
The built-in Bluetooth on my Blackberry works fine, I can toggle up and down tracks from the steering wheel control, but it doesn't read out the song titles.
I had the iPod adapter installed and everything works great, you can sort it and get the read out of each song.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:52 AM

i have a 2010 3 and although i can hook up my ipod the only thing i can control from the steering wheel is the volume. Am i doing something wrong?

Old 07-10-2009, 03:43 PM

Kalehyes,

Did you hook it up through the AUX port in the center console or did you have the iPod adapter installed which charges the iPod at the same time?

Quick Reply: ipod connectivity and new 2010 m3