Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

ipod intergration kit vs. cd player with aux

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Default ipod intergration kit vs. cd player with aux

Hello... this is my first post. I just bought a 2005 Mazda3 on Sunday. Great car so far!!

I love having my ipod hooked up to a stereo in the car, and need to do something quick in this car. So I was wondering, to people who have either the cable integration or an aftermarket deck, which do you like better??

There are advantages and disadvantages to both. With the integration, you can still use the steering wheel remote, but with a new deck, youI can see what my ipod is playing right on the deck, but no steering wheel buttons.

Can some people elaborate on what they have, why they selected what they did, and how you like it?? and if you would have changedwhat you bought. (you have a deck and would have got the cable, and vise versa)

Also, I did do a search through the boards for the cables and such. So awesome job on putting this info up for everyone.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Default RE: ipod intergration kit vs. cd player with aux

theres in no cable intergration for an 05 mazda 3 u need to get an after headunit and get the steering wheel adaptor controls

Old 02-27-2007, 05:41 PM

I read in another topic, I could get one...
http://www.therpmstore.com/product_i...f2d9813968f2bd

what would you suggest for the head unit, and steering wheel adapter controls?

Old 02-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mazda3power

theres in no cable intergration for an 05 mazda 3 u need to get an after headunit and get the steering wheel adaptor controls
Well that's just absolutely false. Please look at THIS for details.

colonel, the down side of PAC steering wheel control adapters is that there's generally a significant delay between pushing the button and the function being activated. If you want a display and control of the ipod then check out the harman kardon drive 'n play (also in that link).

Old 02-28-2007, 01:51 PM

thanks for the input and links. after checking out the different options, I think I will go with an aftermarket deck. I dont know how often I will change the volume and songs with my steering wheel. I never have before, so why start now.

A friend of mine found this site, and they are local to me. They also include a warranty and a free dash kit for your car. This model reads the ipod info on the screen.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_8520.html

Old 02-28-2007, 02:14 PM

Pioneer premier headunits are all I have ever put into a car and have NEVER been unhappy. I am not planning on putting an aftermarket HU in my 07 because I LOVE the way the dash looks as is.

You will not go wrong with a pioneer HU

Old 06-06-2007, 01:23 AM

i bought the ipod integration kit from the rpm store for 125.00 it came in 2 days and works like a charm...

Old 06-06-2007, 01:24 AM

and i can use the steering wheel controls

Old 06-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Not to burst the bubbles of anyone who just bought an integration module recently but I just came across a new method which:
-charges the ipod
-lets you control it from the steering wheel
-and......... DISPLAYS ID3 TAG INFO ON THE LCD!!!!!!!!!

It also comes in two versions. One version gives you ipod/auxiliary input, and the other gives you ipod and a XM receiver.

Check HERE and look at the AXXESS ipod adapter for more info.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:37 PM

Does doing this on your own void any warranties?

Quick Reply: ipod intergration kit vs. cd player with aux