Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

ipod intergration kit vs. cd player with aux

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: ipod intergration kit vs. cd player with aux

ORIGINAL: Draconius

Does doing this on your own void any warranties?
Not unless you break a bunch of stuff or fry your HU. There's no reason that it should void anything.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:31 PM

icspots-

The audio link charges the ipod, even when car isn't on, picks up and leaves off were the song was when the car is shut down, i can control it all from the steering wheel, HU, or ipod itself, the only nice thing is the ID tag but if a song is on my ipod i know what it is, so it doesn't really bother me that much.... and i've had it for a while.....

Old 06-07-2007, 11:34 PM

I just looked at that on ebay... it doesn't seem logical, you can still use the XM/Navigation, but you plug it in where those plug in? Maybe i read it wrong but it doesn't make sense, plus it's from ebay, not to bash but i've had bad experiences....[:@]

Old 06-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

akusy.1, I only mentioned the charging and steering wheel controls as you made two different posts about how the audiolink does those things. In reality all of the ipod integration methods do those things. The thing that's special about this new one is that it displays the ID3 tags. Lots of people have been waiting for years for sylfex to come out with the Auxmod Advanced which is supposed to do exactly what this new method is doing. Really it looks like someone got a hold of one of the beta modules and reverse engineered it and hit the market first.

This method plugs into the TAPE/MD slot on the bottom of the HU..... that's why it's compatible with everything else... well except for the tape player or mini disc player anyway. The navigation on the 3 runs through the main harness, and the OEM sirius plugs into the back of the HU (in the same place the audiolink, et al plug in). Also since you can get an XM module hooked up through this people now have an option of either XM or sirius in their cars without having to buy a standalone unit, and while still being able to use the LCD on the HU.

As for ebay, sure lots of people have had bad experiences there. This guy does have a store through ebay which i think makes him a little more reputable. I believe they're going to leave ebay at some point and open another online store too, but I could be wrong about that.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:38 PM

I see....