Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Kool-Vue Carbon Fiber Intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Default Kool-Vue Carbon Fiber Intake

As I am continuing to research intake options I have come across the Kool-Vue 3000 SERIES CARBON FIBER PERFORMANCE AIR INTAKE KIT. Does anyone have any knowledge of this intake? It sounds like a good concept and the price is right, I would justlike to chat with someone who is familiar with this product. Here's a link:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...V4801183K.html

Thanks,

Steve

Old 11-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Default RE: Kool-Vue Carbon Fiber Intake

uhh it looks just like the stock airbox to me.

if u want to upgrade ur intake look for brands like AEM or Fujita or K&N. you do can do a short ram intake or cold air depending on your preference.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:49 PM

Yeah, I don't know. I sort of like the concept. Running an open air filter in the place of the stock box. I run an Air Raid on my 7.3 F250 and it is a stock box replacement and it works great. I also like it is 33% to 50% cheaper than the aforementioned brands. I don't think they (the others) can provide that much better performance, and the ease of maintenaince is worth something as well.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:33 PM

For another $100 you can get a AEM cold air intake. I have one and it sounds great. You can feel the difference. You get what you pay for. SO do your homework for sure and go with something thats been PROVEN.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:48 PM

i gota fujita f5 for 200 bucks. u just gotta look around. how you likin ur vib exhaust..i also have one!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:01 PM

I hear ya. Conventional wisdom says roll with the status quo. I just have some reservations about a CAI and I'm exploring alternatives. I didn't see where the big three even offered a short ram for our applications. If I could getapproximately the same performance for c-note less then I would have to call that a win. But again, I am just exploring.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:19 PM

i just dont see how that box would get the same performance as a CAI.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:21 PM

I don't know, M3. You could be exactly right. However wsoape281 indicated in a previous post that he was aware of folks who had dynoed both a CAI and SRI and there was no performance difference between the two.If the performance increaseis just a matter of eliminating the stock air box and replacing it with an open element filter system, then this may accomplish that. It just seems to me to be an interesting alternative that if functional, would be a value in cost and maintenance requirements. That is why it would be interesting for someone who has experience with one to chim in.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:57 AM

Well, I installed the Kool-Vue Carbon Fiber intake system last weekend. It was a little challenging getting all the factory induction crap off but the installation of the new system was relatively simple. I have noticed better throttle response overall and it really pulls when accelerating over 4000 rpm's. (part of the acceleration gain has to be from the removal of about 40lbs of plastic) No CEL thus far. I would have preferred the kit come with more detailed instructions but it was not that hard to figure out. So, overall, I am please with this install.

http://photobucket.com/Kool-Vue

Old 12-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

I hadn"t seen that one before. What does it look like when it"s installed? Got any pics yet?

*edit*Ah... never mind.I"m a dumb-***.I see them now.
From where is it drawing in the cold (outside) air?

Quick Reply: Kool-Vue Carbon Fiber Intake