Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

LED Windshield washer nozzles

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Default LED Windshield washer nozzles

I bought a set a blue LED windshield washer nozzles for my 08 3. I am debating on whether to run them through my turn signals or with just a toggle.

A couple of questions:
If i run them through the turn signals, is there enough voltage to keep them on steady with the running lights on and not just when the turn signal is activated?

Without thinking to hard i'm not sure how to wire it with both the turn signal and toggle, any help?

Old 02-17-2009, 09:50 PM

I myself if I was gong to run them I would have them on a separate toggle, so they could be off with all the rest of the lights on.
I know Tennessee is pretty tough on the blue lights on other than Emergency vehicles.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:08 PM

I would probably run them to the turn signals for the flashing effect when I use my signals, but also wanted a toggle to shut them off completely.

I guess I should clarify that I would run them to the front turn signal/running lights. I was just curious if there would be enough of a voltage draw to run them when they are in running mode (dim).

Also, would it be smart to put a fuse inline with my circuit, or should i bother?

Last edited by apbbnbanb_07; 02-17-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:33 AM

If you are going to run them to the Turn signal itself they will only be on when the turn signal is, if you run them to the parking lights they will not flash.
IMO I would not hook them up to flash with the turn signal, Blue lights are bad enough facing forward but a flashing blue light will definitely get you stopped.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

You WILL get pulled over for them if you are seen... and I find it hard to believe you will not be seen.
Put them on a separate switch and keep them off while driving on the streets. Show use only. Or just return them. Too much trouble for a little mod like that, imo.
Just my .02.

Last edited by virgin1; 02-18-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:43 PM

What are these? LMAO

Old 02-19-2009, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

White LEDs. I know they look blue and brighter in the night time pics, but believe me, they are white in person. I even said so in a comment-reply below that album pic.
I have passed many cops with these. They come on with the key and even I am a bit surprised none have pulled me over just to ask about them.
Blue is a different matter though. If you install those jets, I'm quite sure you will find out first hand what I mean.
Like Ken and I both said, blue is an emergency vehicle color, and red should only be on the rear of the car. White and yellow/amber on the front.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:57 AM

Or just return them.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:25 PM

you will get pulled over. in ontario its a 100$ fine for distracting the driver. apparently you cant have these light up. and as ken stated they will only turn on when the turn signal turns on.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:30 PM

Or just save the embarrassment of making your car look too rice and not install them at all. Saves the cops trouble... saves you the embarrassment haha

Quick Reply: LED Windshield washer nozzles