Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Lemon Law

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Default Lemon Law

My stats:

2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT Cosmic Blue bonestock
****ty gas mileage
Rough Transmission
More lights on my insturment cluster than on a 747
Purge Valve bad
Bad intake runners
Backfire?!
16% of it's life in the dealers hands for repairs and such
Strange steering sounds when cold at full lock
Brake squeal that is above and beyond the average

I'm about to conduct an all out assualt on thr Web for lemon law facts and try to see if i'm barking up the wrong tree. I can tell you one thing that i'm sure of...I'm heading towards needing that info more and more with each day, each light, each supposed backfire. My dealer is being very very good about this, apologetic at times and very knowledable and on the ball. They're doing a good job of keeping me calm. Though i'm not one to get irrate, and on the verge of someone who'd allow themselves to be walked over.

If anyone knows about this stuff from experience or if you know of good information resources i'd appreciate any and all help or knowledge. I'd hate to have to part with this unholy fast son of an F1 but it seems as though i won't see it loose it's warranty for whatever reason. It goes in monday for service, and will be there presumably all week with a techies head stuck in the engine bay while on a bluetooth head set three way with Mazda's finest. Or something like that.

help.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Default RE: Lemon Law

Just search your states lemon law, or call the dealership. You should have signed or got papers for the lemon law when you bought the car. And if anything, they just total the car, you don't own any money and they give you a new one I believe.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:43 PM

I am sorry to hear you are having so many problems. Judging by what the other S3 owners have posted, your's seems to be an isolated case. I agree with Drac that you should be able to reasearch your state's lemon law online. You might even try contacting your State Attorney General's office, and see if they have any official documents describing what constitutes a "lemon", and what your rights are.

BTW, it's a damn good thing you haven't made any mods, or you know sure as hell they would try to use it against you. I intend to keep mine bone stock as well. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:22 PM

lemon laws are different for each state. I know my state atleast it is if you bring your vehicle in for the same problem more than 3 different times and the problems hasnt been fixed. If you have several different problems and they are fixed each time you take it in to the dealership then it would be hard to get it bought back.

Double D