Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

little things

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Default RE: little things

ORIGINAL: wineye

I got around to take a few pictures for you. It's hard to show anything for the rear window vent (pix1), but I am posting here, along with te front radiator frame (pix2).

I am also asking a question since I found that there's a connector under the radiator frame top edge (see pix3), anybody know its use? thanks.
Thanks for the pics,wineye.

1. Re: the rear window vent, Mazda3 is not the only vehicle that has a vent back there. My neighbor's Jetta has similar vents back there. Purpose? I don't know. Maybe it allows the trunk to ventilate?

2. I have that square hole, it is really high up, I'll look next time after I drive in the rain to see if I get water coming in there. I don't see anything on mine directly behind the hole that looks like it wouldbe particularly sensitive to water.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3
now that you mention it.. i miss gear more on this than i did on the civic.. when i go into third i make sure i clutch alllllll the way down and i let it sit in neutral for a second before i shift completely. i always thought that the aftermarket bushings would make a difference. if i change to the TWM short shifter and the TWM bushings, would it correct the "missing third gear all the damn time" problem?
my 1st car was a toyota corolla, 5-speed, stick shift, with the reverse at right-down position. Poping into 3rd gear was really easy, just pushing it forward, do not try to mive the stick to left or right, the shift guide would definitely send you to 3rd gear, not 5th.

________
MIKHAIL cam

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

I got around to take a few pictures for you. It's hard to show anything for the rear window vent (pix1), but I am posting here, along with te front radiator frame (pix2).

I am also asking a question since I found that there's a connector under the radiator frame top edge (see pix3), anybody know its use? thanks.

1. Re: the rear window vent, Mazda3 is not the only vehicle that has a vent back there. My neighbor's Jetta has similar vents back there. Purpose? I don't know. Maybe it allows the trunk to ventilate?

2. I have that square hole, it is really high up, I'll look next time after I drive in the rain to see if I get water coming in there. I don't see anything on mine directly behind the hole that looks like it wouldbe particularly sensitive to water.
(To Virgin as well, thanks for the tip on the connector), I'm gonna poke around on the rear window vent, to see if the bottom is movable.

The 1x2 in hole that we talked about isn't a big deal, even if water gets in it'll hit the intake manifold, which is made of high-strength plastic.

________
Avandia class action lawsuit

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: krimsonviper

ORIGINAL: dentinger

something i really like:
everything is pre-wired.
ie,if your car doesnt have fog lights, all you need is the foglights, and a new light stalk, and thats it!
and apparently its the same for power mirrors, doors, windows, etc etc. but for those you'll need the solenoids, motors, etc etc
does that include the low model 3i? because if thats the case, i think im definately ready to get me some power windows/power locks in my car. tired of using the key
i dont suppose anyone knows the answer to my question?

Old 10-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Idon't because I own a 3s not an i.
You may just have to do some exploratory surgery in order to find out for sure.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

(To Virgin as well, thanks for the tip on the connector), I'm gonna poke around on the rear window vent, to see if the bottom is movable.

The 1x2 in hole that we talked about isn't a big deal, even if water gets in it'll hit the intake manifold, which is made of high-strength plastic.
Poked around the fake vent on the rear package trim (sedan), the bottom is solid, I also read through the service manual, no mentioning of that. I hoped it'd have some venting function like virgin1 had hoped......oh well.
________
Avandia lawsuites

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:13 PM.