Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 2009 Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Default RE: Mazda 3 2009 Review

I DO OWN ONE

Old 11-30-2008, 10:14 PM

I retired my Pick Up when it had 75K on it in 2 years, since then it has turned into a show truck, as for the MZ3 it replaced my Explorer Sport that I was using as a daily driver since it was passing the 200,000 mile mark.
I will say this, the Mazda is the most fun car I have had since my 1973 Cougar XR7 [8D]

Old 11-30-2008, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Siber Express

I retired my Pick Up when it had 75K on it in 2 years, since then it has turned into a show truck, as for the MZ3 it replaced my Explorer Sport that I was using as a daily driver since it was passing the 200,000 mile mark.
I will say this, the Mazda is the most fun car I have had since my 1973 Cougar XR7 [8D]
wait wait wait wait. i thought your wife drove the exploder. what the hell does she drive now?

Old 11-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Bob,
Actually the only things that the HB and sedan share are: chassis; drive train; outside mirrors and doors. Every other piece of sheet metal is different between them. Looks can be deceiving.
The HB is available w/the 2.0L everywhere (as near as I can determine) except in the States.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:36 AM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

wait wait wait wait. i thought your wife drove the exploder. what the hell does she drive now?
The Explorer I sold Jaimiewas a 2000 Sport, the Explorer that my Wife drives is a 1998 XLT.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:18 AM
Lev

Congrats on your purchase LPG. I too live in New York, but i live about 90 miles north of the city. I agree with everything you said about the car. It would be nice if the car had daytime running lights, with the ability to shut it off. My brother has an 07 GTI and has his HID's are on all the time. It's a bad concept because it shortens the life of the bulb to turn it on and off too much. I have no complaints about the interior or positioning of the controls, but i have been driving this car for almost 4 years. I bought my car in March of 05 when everything was an option, and there was only an i,s, or sp23. My car is the S model and it came to about 19 grand after tax, tag, and title. All it has is the sports package which is just the 17" rims and wheel locks. It doesn't have a sunroof, no side impact air bags, or ABS. I would have preffered the ABS over the rims, but my dad bought the car for me and he has some grunt over ABS. These cars have gotten more standard features and have stayed around the same price. The price you payed is a lot better than the price i payed. I liked the sedan over the hatch and i still do. I see more hatchbacks and i model sedans than i do s model sedans. I am extremely happy with my car and when this one dies i am just getting another. This time i'll get the Grand Touring because i want the stability control and HID lights. Good luck with your car. Hopefully it will fare you well as it has for me.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

I wonder, has anyone simply tried installing the relay to the DRL"s to see if that activates them? So much is already pre-wired in these cars, and there is a place for a DRL relay in the under-hood fuse box/relay center.
Of course they (DRL"s) don"t work well with retrofitted HID kits, as many of our Canadian members have found out. Personally I am not too crazy about DRL"s and believe we should leave that to the "bikers" so that they may be better seen on the roads. Therefore, I have little interest in trying it myself.

And Lev, I am so glad to see that you are still part of this community... that you check in from time-to-time, but I must tell you unequivocally now that...

[align=center]BABY!!![/align]

[sm=Awwww.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=drooldude.gif] [sm=exactly.gif] [sm=laughat.gif] [sm=loveeyes.gif] [sm=nxsmile.gif] [sm=lol.gif]

Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 PM
LPG

ORIGINAL: Lev

Congrats on your purchase LPG. I too live in New York, but i live about 90 miles north of the city. I agree with everything you said about the car. It would be nice if the car had daytime running lights, with the ability to shut it off. My brother has an 07 GTI and has his HID's are on all the time. It's a bad concept because it shortens the life of the bulb to turn it on and off too much. I have no complaints about the interior or positioning of the controls, but i have been driving this car for almost 4 years. I bought my car in March of 05 when everything was an option, and there was only an i,s, or sp23. My car is the S model and it came to about 19 grand after tax, tag, and title. All it has is the sports package which is just the 17" rims and wheel locks. It doesn't have a sunroof, no side impact air bags, or ABS. I would have preffered the ABS over the rims, but my dad bought the car for me and he has some grunt over ABS. These cars have gotten more standard features and have stayed around the same price. The price you payed is a lot better than the price i payed. I liked the sedan over the hatch and i still do. I see more hatchbacks and i model sedans than i do s model sedans. I am extremely happy with my car and when this one dies i am just getting another. This time i'll get the Grand Touring because i want the stability control and HID lights. Good luck with your car. Hopefully it will fare you well as it has for me.
thats the nicest, kindest post from anyone ive gotten on this forum thusfar. LOL
Thanks For your well wishes Lev Happy Holidaze!!!

Louis

Old 12-14-2008, 02:47 PM

The Explorer I sold Jaimiewas a 2000 Sport, the Explorer that my Wife drives is a 1998 XLT.
wait if remember correctly and i know i do. you had an 04 did you not :P. cuz i remember the body style soo well and remember you telling me something like that. and then 2 mazda3s later you got a weiner WHICH IS A STANDARD... so now i cant make fun of you anymore

Old 12-15-2008, 09:19 AM

wait if remember correctly and i know i do. you had an 04 did you not :P. cuz i remember the body style soo well and remember you telling me something like that. and then 2 mazda3s later you got a weiner WHICH IS A STANDARD... so now i cant make fun of you anymore
I have the hardest time understanding Canadian english...

Quick Reply: Mazda 3 2009 Review