Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 CARBON FIBER PARTS...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Default RE: Mazda 3 CARBON FIBER PARTS...

its but ugly. plus you start putting this **** on your car you are gonna be paying out the *** on insurance... well people from my range of age to around 25. but i dont like the carbon fiber look to be honest. never really did

Old 10-20-2007, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

its but ugly. plus you start putting this **** on your car you are gonna be paying out the *** on insurance... well people from my range of age to around 25. but i dont like the carbon fiber look to be honest. never really did
How do you figure that? What would a carbon fiber scoop or engine cover have to do with insurance? Is that a Canadian thing?
As far as the look is concerned, to me it largely depends on where, how much and on what car. The 3 HB looks silly with an unpainted CF hood because of the parts of it that extend down past the grill area... unless the car is already black. But, I know a guy w/a red P5/CF hood and I think it looks beautiful... HOT!! And the sedans look good w/aCF hood too. Deck lids, personally I'm not that crazy about those either.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:39 AM

well you put mods on the car you have to tell the insurance company.... well you dont have to but you are dumb not to. they consider that "tricked out" generally. plus if i put that stuff on my car im 17 obviously they are going to think that my car is a "ricer" and they nail you with that stuff. if you dont tell the insurance thats different but you get into an accident... then your not going to get the money back for that. i know. my friend had his car all riced out and whatnot... got into an accident with it annnd only got money for the car not the mods. plus myself i dont like carbon fiber. i think its a waste of money..

Old 10-20-2007, 12:39 PM

i kno that if u were to put something like that on your car in canada and the police catch you, they might crush your car. but i personally love the CF look. its soo beautifullll!!! PLUS you get the lightweight advantage. i dont know how heavy they hood is for the mazda 3, but ms3 hood is fairly heavy. i compared the stock hood on the ms3 to the stock hood on the 07 wrx sti. the sti hood is wayyyy bigger, but wayyyy lighter.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

My friend w/the P5 got his hood exactly because he gotinto an accident. The CF hood was actually chaeper thanthe OE. The insurance co was glad to pay for it.
I wouldn't tell the insurance co anything.. especially about CF, because for a street car it's primarily an appearance mod anyway. It does little for the performance of the car, unless you're redoing the whole body and/or large portions of it... it doesn't increase hp or torque so why tell them? And you must know by now that I am a big fan of reducing weight in any car... especially unsprung or rotating weight.
I also don't get this crushing car business in Ca? What the heck is that all about. I'd be afraid to do anything if they had that kind of police state power. Living in fear is not my idea of living at all.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:12 PM

exactly.. one of my friend's friends jsut bought his sti over in canada and on his drive home he gets pulled over and its impounded because of that. i kno that they inspect the car before they confiscate it, but he got his taken away and he had to go to court with all his papers to get it back. total bull****.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:51 PM

basically you get caught doing 50 KM/HR over the speed limit. you get your car impounded for a week and your licence suspended for a week. Its cracking down on the street racers here. on tv they proved that they werent joking when they crushed a CRX and a civic with a truck. crazy if you ask me but it may get through to people

Old 10-20-2007, 02:56 PM

i wanna go over there and rev my car at cops with my new york plates

Old 10-20-2007, 03:11 PM

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

i wanna go over there and rev my car at cops with my new york plates
count me in!! hahah

damn I thought SF cops were bad..but crushing modded cars??? WOW. I'd be afraid to even wash my car outside if I lived there.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:28 PM

they dont crush ur car if its modded. only if your street racing and ****.
altho i find that cops will pull you over more frequently... at least here they do lol

p.s. mzd3_stratblu, is that ur car in ur Avatar? with the lambo's??
if it is, post up some pics dammit!!!

Quick Reply: Mazda 3 CARBON FIBER PARTS...