Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 Custom Part - Steering Spacer (stock wheel)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 04:42 PM
Lightbulb Mazda 3 Custom Part - Steering Spacer (stock wheel)

Hi gang,

So I’ve had my 2012 Mazda 3 Sport for a little while now and find it to be probably one of the best all round cars I have ever owned.

The only problem I have struggled with is getting the steering wheel close enough to me in the right seating position so that I don’t have to strain.
It’s been my only gripe with the car so I set out to finding a solution.

I’m having a steering wheel spacer designed to bring the stock steering wheel closer by about 2 inches whilst still keeping all of the steering controls, airbag and cruise control!

It is being designed by a talented guy at a motorsport company who already provides this for a wide range of cars (but not the Mazda 3... yet!).
They work on some pretty amazing projects and he takes a lot of pride in his work (which is rare to find) so I've had no hesitation in ordering one.

It will be specifically compatible for all the 2009-13 Mazda 3 models and also the Mazdaspeed 3 MPS.

The part should be ready for the end of this month as it has to be designed and machined. If anybody wants their details let me know and I’ll share them.

I've attached some pictures of what it should look like and also the steering wheel type it will be compatible with.

I hope this is helpful for anyone else who wants to bring the steering wheel closer.

I’ll keep everyone updated with more details and pictures when the part comes through!

Alex