Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 navigation display...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 04:42 PM
Default Mazda 3 navigation display...

So I recently bought a 2018 Mazda 3 Touring 2.5L and it doesn't allow me to bring up the actual navigation on the screen except the "compass/bearing" display. Do I need to purchase an updated navigation SDcard and upload it to be a functioning navigation display? Or is there more than just buying the SDcard? Thanks in advance!

Old 12-18-2019, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

That is the default display when there is no SD inserted or recognised. Fitment of a suitable SATNAV SD card will operate the system.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:07 PM

Would you know of a company that sells the SD for a reasonable price other than Mazda or BAM wholesale? Not really wanting to spend $3-400 for the card. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
That is the default display when there is no SD inserted or recognised. Fitment of a suitable SATNAV SD card will operate the system.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:39 PM

@grim_reaper would you happen to know of a website or store that sells them for less than $300? BAM wholesale is the cheapest I've found for $294.

Old 12-21-2019, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Personally no, however I've seen forum members buy SD cards off ebay & amazon.

Old 12-22-2019, 01:56 AM

Be wary of buying used ones though, they lock to the VIN.

Old 01-05-2020, 05:50 PM
Talking No reason to buy used NAV card

Originally Posted by TalonTsi90
Be wary of buying used ones though, they lock to the VIN.
No need to buy a used SD NAV card. From Ebay you can buy new NAV cards for $50 or less. The only trick is that you must know the Mazda part number before buying. Different models (year) use different software and therefore different SD Card part number. I bought one myself from Ebay for M3H 2020 and it works perfectly, including using the Mazda Tool Box to update it and activating the (not so great) speed limit signs display.

Old 01-06-2020, 10:06 AM

Have a 2019 Select

So from what I understand here, the navigation hardware is "native" in the vehicle. Only need to buy the maps on the appropriate SD card to go.

Correct?

Old 01-06-2020, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by THX10
Have a 2019 Select

So from what I understand here, the navigation hardware is "native" in the vehicle. Only need to buy the maps on the appropriate SD card to go.

Correct?
You are correct. Buy the SD from Amazon and it should work fine. Make sure you get the one for your model and year. There are a few different versions.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
You are correct. Buy the SD from Amazon and it should work fine. Make sure you get the one for your model and year. There are a few different versions.
What he said. What I saw is that Amazon is very expensive compared to Ebay, but still a lot cheaper than the Mazda dealer. As far I can see, the Ebay seller I bought from sells genuine Mazda part.
Make sure you get the correct part number FIRST from Mazda.

Quick Reply: Mazda 3 navigation display...