Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 New Colors!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Default Mazda 3 New Colors!!!

In January 2008, Sunlight Silver and Cosmic Blue Mica will be removed as colors for Mazdaspeed 3's, and will be replaced with Crystal Pearl White Mica, and Metropolitan Gray Mica (a color on a special anniversary RX8). Also, there will be interior color changes also, where everything that is currently dark gray, will become piano black, with the Mazdaspeed logo in white, as well as the cd players becoming MP3 compatible. One more thing, all Mazdaspeed 3 GT's will now feature black leather, and instead of cloth inserts, will be black alcantara.

* I found this info on another forum.*
I guess Mazda got tired of painting silver and cosmic blue, even though the cosmic blue is so rare!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15388/4836A652A1F74FF59AB7B91483BA5E01.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Mazda 3 New Colors!!!

I'm genuinely sorry to see them go the "piano black" interior,especially in the Speed GT.I liked the gray/black theme. Black is just... black.
Love that they're finallyoffering it in white though. They shoulda' done that from the first!!
And while rare, Cosmic Blue has always seemed kinda' boring and understated to me.
The Sunlight Silver will be missed by many though.
Why don't they offer a truly special color on the Speed, like "Spicy Orange," for example. "Laser Yellow" would be another hot choice, etc....?

Old 01-21-2008, 12:00 AM

I agree with virgin1... the gray/black seat colors on the MS3 looks better than black on black would, although the alcantara is a nice touch. I can't wait to see the the MS3 in Crystal White Pearl Mica!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:02 AM

Cool[sm=bling.gif].

Old 01-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: SILVERSP33D

I agree with virgin1... the gray/black seat colors on the MS3 looks better than black on black would, although the alcantara is a nice touch.
I can't wait to see the the MS3 in Crystal White Pearl Mica!
The Canadians and whereever else has had themin CPW since the beginning. It seems to be only the States that got screwed.
There's been a lot of talk on the forums about it. Perhaps they read/heard and responded? Well... I can hope, can'tI?
If that's the case, bring back the monotone whites too! I like my Rally White. It actually stays cleaner looking longer than CWP does.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

ORIGINAL: SILVERSP33D

I agree with virgin1... the gray/black seat colors on the MS3 looks better than black on black would, although the alcantara is a nice touch.
I can't wait to see the the MS3 in Crystal White Pearl Mica!
The Canadians and whereever else has had themin CPW since the beginning. It seems to be only the States that got screwed.
There's been a lot of talk on the forums about it. Perhaps they read/heard and responded? Well... I can hope, can'tI?
If that's the case, bring back the monotone whites too! I like my Rally White. It actually stays cleaner looking longer than CWP does.

\i have never seen one like that before.. but i like the soiund of the stormy blue but i dont like the sound of beighe interior with the colour.. just hate beige interior. now ia gree with you again richard.. black is bland but black on grey is good

Old 01-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

What beige interior are you talking about? That isn't an option in the Speed.
'Sides, amed or deep blue wouldbe a nice contrast to a sand or beige interior imo.

From this chart it lookslike Mazda has dropped Phanton Purple Mica too.
They've also dropped True Red from the std line-up. It's only available on the Speed now. I never warmed up to that color anyway.A richer red woulda' been better imo.
But Copper Red has made a comeback!!

Old 01-22-2008, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

What beige interior are you talking about? That isn't an option in the Speed.
'Sides, amed or deep blue wouldbe a nice contrast to a sand or beige interior imo.

From this chart it lookslike Mazda has dropped Phanton Purple Mica too.
They've also dropped True Red from the std line-up. It's only available on the Speed now. I never warmed up to that color anyway.A richer red woulda' been better imo.
But Copper Red has made a comeback!!

looks like the only person who bought a phantom purple was kenneth HAHA. just kidding

Old 01-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

They are pretty few and far between, though it is a coolcolor, imo.That said however, I saw one just yesterday in the rain coming toward me. It too was a hb and I only caught a glimpse of it.
Several months agoI saw one (again a hb) pulling out of theP.L. of my store. Mighta' even been the same one I saw yesterday? Those are the only 2 I have seen in person, and not very long looks either.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:49 PM

Phantom Blue is a great choice on any car, wish they would have made that available on the entire model line. you never see a phantom blue driving around...wonder if its next on the chopping block

Quick Reply: Mazda 3 New Colors!!!