Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 and Parrot MKI9100

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 01:52 AM
Default Mazda 3 and Parrot MKI9100

Hey
Last w,
eek i bought a MKI9100 for my Mazda 3 and tried to install it. I noticed i couldnt connect the Parrot because i needed an Radio to ISO cable, so i bought that one too. Now i connected everything the way the manual say but when i connect the Parrot MKI9100 to the Radio doesnt work anymore. No power on the MKI9100 or radio. When i disconnect the Parrot MKI9100 and connect the ISO connectos to each other again (only radio, no parrot) the radio starts working again. I also tried to switch the orange en red cable because of the power/ignition. Also no luck. Do i need more power or something ? The parrot comes with the orange/ignition cable with small extra connector. Do i need to connect this one to the sigaret-device ?
Can someone help me with this problem. I payed a lot of money but still no result.

Thanks!

Old 12-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Can you provide some pictures of what connections you have/need? Any installation instructions, even generic "connect this wire to this wire" would be helpful.

That looks like a pretty slick unit, definitely cooler than the ones they had a few years ago.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by icspots
Can you provide some pictures of what connections you have/need? Any installation instructions, even generic "connect this wire to this wire" would be helpful.

That looks like a pretty slick unit, definitely cooler than the ones they had a few years ago.
Hey icspot!
Thanks for replying and trying to help me.
I'll try to explain it as good as possible:

- When i take my radio out i see 2 wires (cable1 and a simple antenna cable)
- I unplugged both so I have more space to work.
- I bought a "Mazda 3 Radio to ISO converter" because the "cable1" doesnt fit directly to the Parrot system. (converter)
- I connected cable1 to the orange conector of the converter
- I connected the white converter connector directly into my radio.
- Then i connected the 8 ISO connectors from the Parrot and converter to each other. Only 1 way is possible because of the "middle clips" etc.
- After this was connected tight and i try to enable my key-contact i notice my radio dont say "Welcome" anymore. It only shows my Climate Control information but no radio information anymore. When i push the On/Off button of the radio it doesnt react anymore, like it has no power or something.
- I thought maby i MUST connect the rest of the cables, like the microphone, parrot display, Iphone/USB connector and little handcontroller in order to let the system work. After connecting everything to the Parrot Blue-Box the system still doesnt work. Do i have to click on something to activate it?
- After that i tried to switch the orange and red cable with the 2 cutouts because internet/google told me this may solve the problem.
(So orange to red cable and red to orange cable). Still no radio reaction so i restored the orange to orange and red to red cable.

Its like the radio/Parrot doesnt receive any power. I read a lot on the internet about connecting the orange cable with the "12V Ignition" label on it to the Cigarette Lighter but why should the radio work normaly perfect and with a parrot not anymore?!
The orange "12 V Ignition" cable has a little naked connection point already made by factory to connect it to SOMETHING when needed. (hope i explained this last sense ok)

When i disconnect the Parrot system again but leave the converter connected to the radio (ISO's connected to each other) i notice the Radio works normaly. So that means the converter works ok!?

I hope i described my configuration a bit better now. Do you have any idea what's the cause.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:50 AM

I've found the solution !!

The last thing i would search for is a broken cable...
The orange cable with the little naked connection point, which i thought was for the sigaertte lighter, was just a little ISO pin that has come lose. I plugged it into the back of the ISO connector and everything worked. Thats why the Parrot didnt receive power.

ICSpot, thanks for helping

If someone needs help with Mazda 3 and Parrot carkits PM me.