Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 vs Acura Rsx?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 04:31 AM
Default Mazda 3 vs Acura Rsx?

Im looking at buying either the Mazda 3 or the Acura Rsx. I like the features on both vehicles. Performance wise which is a better buy for the money?

Old 07-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Default RE: Mazda 3 vs Acura Rsx?

I love my mazda 3 but you can mod and upgrade the performance stats and the acura rsx more than that of the 3.

acura has always been a nice name and when you say you have an acura rsx, people will be more surprised more then if you said a 3.

the mazda 3 is an awesome car, but i have never driven an rsx, but they look really nice and stats look pretty good! just wait for some other opinions, hopefully someone else in here has driven the rsx.

if you have not driven the rsx and 3 side by side, go to both dealerships, drive the car and then go to the other dealership and drive it right after you drove the other car on the same course. this will help you narrow down which car you like for driving and you can get a feel for performance, but interior is always a very important part of a purchase as well!

Old 07-17-2006, 03:44 PM

I I was in the same boat as you. Did I want a Mazda 3 or an Acura RSX?

If you are going strictly on performance, there is and always will always be more parts for the RSX. That's if you wanted to mod the car though. The stock Type-S is definitely faster then the stock 3 S. It's also significantly more money.

I based my decision on looks as well. I love the way the 3 S looks. The stock RSX always seemed so bland. If you are willing to spend a couple grand on a body kit, then the RSX can look amazing. Again that's if you want to put the time and money into it. As for the ihe interior, the RSX's looks horrible IMO. I was much more pleased driving the Mazda 3. Don't forget that you spend 95% of the time with your . . . IN your car.

Lastly, the RSX is regarded higher amongst certain crowds then the 3. Most people see the 3 as an entry level car, such as a Civic. To me, they aren't even comparible.

I would say drive both cars with whatever options you want. I mean really drive it, curvy roads, highway, etc. Does it have the performance you want? Is it comfortable for you? It is going to be YOUR car and it should be what YOUR happy with.

All that being said . . . . . . . . Buy the 3!

Old 07-17-2006, 07:44 PM

its all about what YOU want.

asking us can only give you our opinions. you need to get out there and do whatKrazyKAZ said, just drive the car ... really drive it... if they dealership representative comes with you...just tell him to HOLD ON.

done it before, they seemed scared and held onto the OSH the whole time, it was funny.

good luck and have fun drivin the cars, you will like them both!

Old 07-17-2006, 11:37 PM

Thanks for the reply's!

I went and test drove the Mazda 3s grand touring automatic with the option to switch to manual..It was a blast!!!! Went around some really sharp curves and it handeled itself well..highway drving wasnt bad either..really impressed..I am going tomorrow to test drive the Acura rsxs....will see which I like better...again thanks for the replys.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:35 AM

RSX= very wide turning radius
Mazda 3= very tight turning radius

i'd wait for the mazdaspeed 3 if i was you.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:50 AM

I like the RSX but when th eMazdaspeed3 comes out, the turbo will put it ahead and it will STILL cost less.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:08 PM

How did I forget to mention the Mazdaspeed 3 ?!?! That would definitely be my pick if you have time to wait for a car. I wish it came in a sedan though!

Old 07-19-2006, 01:57 AM

boy do those RSX's shift like butter if you drive a stick... and the market for aftermarket parts for that car are endless compared to the mazda3. but when talking about the mazdaspeed3, i bet that car will be real kickass!

Old 07-20-2006, 09:10 PM

That's what i'm waiting for! As soon as the speed 3 comes out... i'm on it. I'm going to trade my s1ck 6 for the mazdaspeed 3 only because i want a lighter car and a turbo.

The Mazdaspeed 3 is a performance bargain that feels and performs on par with sports cars costing twice as much.

Quick Reply: Mazda 3 vs Acura Rsx?