Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 86ed free oil changes

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Default Mazda 86ed free oil changes

So I called to make an appointment today for an oil change... which has always been free since I bought my car and now they are telling me that even if I signed for it when I bought my car, its still not free. Whats up with that? Has anyone else had this problem??

Old 07-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Mazda 86ed free oil changes

W/costs these days, good luck, but I have heard of this happening before.
Moral: Get a copy of ANY contract you sign, and make sure you know what you are signing.

Mine has never offered free oil changes, but I don't mind. I just do it myself like I always have, every 10K (5k for the filter,) using synthetic oil.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:25 PM

I got the first 1 free at my Stealership on both of mine.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:38 AM

My dealership told me no free oil changes, and no discounts. When I went to mymazda.com there was a coupon to print out for a $25 oil change (compared to the $30 one they offered me). I've always been weary of other people changing my oil, so I just did it myself for the same price.
One other thing, who knows how cheap the oil and filter they are using.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:16 AM

I've never got any free changes. When Ibought the car, they said if I handed to them the You Just BoughtTheCar Survey and gave them high marks, they were willing to give me a free change or a free tank of gas. I was so miffed with them regarding certain aspects of the sales transaction that I never took them up on it (I sent in a critical survey - justifiable in my mind for sure).

I my urban area, there are regularly coupons around that allow a change to get done for under $25 (at a chain place, brand name dino oil).No Mazdadealer is conveniently located to me (certainly not as convenient asseveral chain places), considering thefuel I would burn and time I would waste going to a dealerfor a change - not worthwhile to me.

Considering that oil changes, per the owners manual, are to be done every 5K miles or 4 months for severe driving, page 8-6 in my manual(forget the 3K brainwashing around), its not a huge part of the cost of running my M3. I don't personally go all the way to 5K, usually somewhere around 4500 (except for when the engine was spanking new).

Virgin1's moral is dead on. He is (most of thetime - ha ha) very wise ...

Old 07-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA
... Virgin1's moral is dead on. He is very wise... (most of thetime - ha ha)
[sm=smiley9.gif][sm=smiley9.gif][sm=smiley9.gif][sm=smiley9.gif][sm=smiley9.gif][sm=kiss.gif]

Old 07-05-2008, 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: apbbnbanb_07

...who knows how cheap the oil and filter they are using.
Keep in mind that these Mazdas are built with many Ford parts. At my dealership you get Motorcraft synthetic blend 5w20 (or whatever the appropriate viscosity is if you have an older/different Mazda) and a Motorcraft oil filter. I would only hope that all the Mazda houses out there do the same thing/equivalent/or better. Exceptions to the Motorcraft filter (all new Mazdas except RX-8) would be on RX-8's and older mazdasmany of the older small motor mazdas take a Mazda brand filter built in Europe.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:18 AM

When I was talking about the cheaper oil my mind was in a LubePro, QuickLube, or something of that nature. I've known some of the "winners" they hire in those places and I will never take any of my vehicles there.
Most of the time they don't even change the filter unless they know your going to ask to see it.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: apbbnbanb_07

When I was talking about the cheaper oil my mind was in a LubePro, QuickLube, or something of that nature. I've known some of the "winners" they hire in those places and I will never take any of my vehicles there.
Most of the time they don't even change the filter unless they know your going to ask to see it.
I agree 100% the locations are uneven, I wouldn't go to randomly to any oldlocation, and I wouldn't go when the queue is super long - because that's when I think they are most likely to cut corners, and the manager of the place is too busy to make sure the flunkees are doing their job right.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:48 PM

I still take mine to the Basement, I get it done in about 25 to 30 minutes and know where the oil comes from and what it is as well as the filter used [8D]

Quick Reply: Mazda 86ed free oil changes