Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda dealership being nasty

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 10:57 PM
Default Mazda dealership being nasty

Hello

Just wondering if anyone else has had a bad experience with mazda, my wife bough a Mazda 3 in 08 i think it was and now around 56000km it started to squeel in the front end we took it to the dealership 3 times and they told us its fine then at 60,000km the front axel snapped and threw her off the road nice! Now i was looking at her transmission fluid and its black, we took it in for regular maintenance they flushed it out and said its ok, a couple weeks later it was black again took it in AGAIN, they just checked it and said it was fine.. Now the transmission light is on and its still black.. what should i do lol go to an auto shop get them to check and fix it right and bring the bill to mazda?

Old 01-23-2015, 05:30 AM

It depends. Are you still under warranty? If so, try a different Mazda dealership. If not, go to a different mechanic and get a second opinion.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by leftoverture
It depends. Are you still under warranty? If so, try a different Mazda dealership. If not, go to a different mechanic and get a second opinion.
Yes it's still on extended warranty, I'm not sure if it covers transmission, I'm guessing it does since they don't want to fix it and the warrantys almost up.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:46 AM

Dealerships are privately owned. Some good,some bad. If you are in a small town then they don't like doing any warranty work because manufacturers don't pay them with a check. They pay them with credit on parts that the dealer will have to sell to get their money. Small town dealer technicians generally suck because they get little training compared to a metro dealer. They have to pay for travel/motels/employee wages. Big towns generally have a training facility nearby. I would call corporate and report the problems you have had. If there is another dealer you can take it to then try that. If you are using an extended warranty then most do not require you to use a dealer for repairs.
All that said, the trend at dealerships is to pay the technicians as little as possible resulting in poor service. The bean counters don't think someone who gets dirty doing their job should make over minimum wage.