Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Is the Mazda3 "Great Taste!" or "Less Filling!" ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:05 PM
VB

Originally Posted by apbbnbanb_07
I am 6'2" 145lbs, and have no problem with the driver seat.
Originally Posted by Richard
I am just under 6', 145lbs.
Originally Posted by Bob
I am 5'9", 175
Damn! What is with all of you skinny people? I'm 6'1, 225lbs.! Yeesh.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by VB
Clearly, the MX-5 is NOT for you. You like the Mazda3, or it's maybe a bit "tight in the shoulders"?

(In passing, Edmund's biggest MX-5 zealot [pun intended] is/was about your size, if not bigger, and never tires of telling everyone about its wonders. Still 6'1" means you're staring straight at the windshield header, and bumping your head on the drop-top frame.)

Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 PM

I actually commute around 90 miles a day in it, get between 30 and 32 MPG, looks good, drives excellent and although I am lowered, it did the twisties almost as good when it was stock until the stock Goodyears got to about 75% of their short life. It is getting ready to go to Florida on Vacation next week and did a fine job in Washington DC last year.
For a small 5 door, the car has attitude that to me cannot be overlooked.
Also the 156HP is still a bit better on the HP/Weight ratio than the 118 in the Miata I do believe.
BTW, A friend of mine has the 500 HP Vette, I drove him down to the store in my MZ3 and now his wife has one he liked it so much.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:10 AM

I put 50,000 trouble free miles on my 3 in (2) years. Drove it a ton in the snow (it was also lowered with Prokit springs.) From a daily driver standpoint it is an awesome car.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by VB
Geez, now I'm suddenly feeling muy-el-gordo-chunk-chunk. I'm 5' 8" and weigh just over 200 (more like 240 six months ago), and hope to get back down to my pre-broken leg 180 by next summer.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

After breaking my hip and wrist back in '96 and being out of work, and virtually off my feet most of 8 weeks I weighed 177, the most I had ever weighed. Not that I was eating a lot, less than usual, just not capable of being physical is what does it, I think?

Old 10-20-2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1

After breaking my hip and wrist back in '96 and being out of work, and virtually off my feet most of 8 weeks I weighed 177, the most I had ever weighed. Not that I was eating a lot, less than usual, just not capable of being physical is what does it, I think?

Yeah, not being physical is the issue for me as well, I like my victuals just too much.

In my case, I spiraled my fibula and tore my foot off (the skin and the Achilles tendon were about the only things holding my foot in the general vicinity of my lower leg). After the surgery I was non-weight bearing for six months and in a walking cast for another three, and since then (several years now) I've had stride related issues that have affected my back, knees and ankles.

The good news is that in April I started running on an old railroad track that has been converted into an ATV/snow-mobile trail, and what with all of the knobby tires and such rolling along the surface, the dirt is soft (not great for speed, but good for my old bones). I managed to run eight miles in April (yes, that's right, a total of eight miles for the whole month), and was delightfully surprised that I was still able to walk when May rolled around. I managed eighteen miles in May, and nearly eighty in June; July proved to be the first time I'd topped one-hundred miles in a single month since my broken leg in 2003, and assuming I stay healthy, I'll have just over five-hundred miles for the year under my belt by the end of this month. The next challenge of course will be staying in some semblance of shape through the winter.

Due to my stride related issues coupled with arthritis in my right hip, my Ortho is telling me that I'll be needing a new hip in a few years, and that hopefully by then they'll have hips on the market that can withstand the rigors of running. That said, I've been hearing sporadic reports that there are now some replacement hips that are in fact strong enough. Given your familiarity with hip related issues, have you been keeping up with the state of the art regarding artificial hips?

Last edited by shipo; 10-20-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:00 PM

I have a high metabolism OK!

Old 10-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

So do I!!! As well as a clubbed foot, swine flu and herpes.

Just kidding.
We seem to be trying to outdo each other here and I was just making fun.
Sick, huh?

Old 10-21-2009, 11:57 AM

So do I!!! As well as a clubbed foot, swine flu and herpes

All the gifts that keep on giving!

Quick Reply: Is the Mazda3 "Great Taste!" or "Less Filling!" ?