Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Recall on Backup Camera

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 07:26 AM
Default Mazda3 Recall on Backup Camera

Any specifics out there on the recently announced recall on the backup camera? Letters to affected Mazda3 owners supposed to go out in early September.

Old 07-24-2023, 07:04 PM

you can find it on their website

Last edited by helendenizer; 07-25-2023 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-25-2023, 02:03 PM

You can use your VIN to see any and all safety recalls on the NTSB website.
Also in the US if you are the registered owner Mazda will email and or send by mail the notice if it effects your Mazda. There are also some DMV's in some states that can also run your VIN if you are the legal and registered owner to find this informatio as well

Old 07-25-2023, 06:01 PM

Thank you for the replies. I did find the "recall" tab on the mazdausa website, entered my VIN, and it told me that I was a lucky winner of a recall. I guess I'll just wait until I get my letter in Sept. Doesn't sound like a big deal since I am having zero issues with my backup camera.

Old 08-04-2023, 01:40 PM
Angry

My 2014 Mazda 3s GT hatch is having the EXACT rear camera problem described in the TSB and recall, but my VIN isn't included in the batch of cars that Mazda identified in the recall. So I have to come out-of-pocket to get it fixed. (And I feel like the dealership is hosing me too, but that's another topic for another day.) Hopefully the recall is expanded to include my particular car and I can have a chance at getting reimbursed for it.

Old 08-04-2023, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by alexakajojo
My 2014 Mazda 3s GT hatch is having the EXACT rear camera problem described in the TSB and recall, but my VIN isn't included in the batch of cars that Mazda identified in the recall. So I have to come out-of-pocket to get it fixed. (And I feel like the dealership is hosing me too, but that's another topic for another day.) Hopefully the recall is expanded to include my particular car and I can have a chance at getting reimbursed for it.
Welcome to the forum

Your are not getting hosed.. The warranty only goes so far. Unless you specific vehicle is included in a safety recall

Old 08-04-2023, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Welcome to the forum

Your are not getting hosed.. The warranty only goes so far. Unless you specific vehicle is included in a safety recall
Thanks, good to be here! And I understand I'm out of warranty, so I know I'm gonna have to come out-of-pocket.

But the dealership is charging me $1300+ to perform the work described in the TSB.

Seems high, is all I'm sayin'. That's the hose I was referring to.

Old 08-04-2023, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by alexakajojo
Thanks, good to be here! And I understand I'm out of warranty, so I know I'm gonna have to come out-of-pocket.

But the dealership is charging me $1300+ to perform the work described in the TSB.

Seems high, is all I'm sayin'. That's the hose I was referring to.
You should seek out a independent service shop with qualified and current ASE Technician employed. Those shops will have a blue sign and post their certified Technician certification generally in the office area. We like to make sure you see the quality of service and from whom it will be done by Get a written and broken down by parts and labor estimate. I would not show them the TSB! It is likely you may not need to do everything outlined in it. If you do, then the cost is not fare off the mark factoring parts and labor with the average hourly rate in service shops @ 90-150 per hour. Some states have less but not many are under 60- 75 per hour that are worth trusting your vehicle with.

Old 01-23-2024, 10:48 AM

Getting back to the original topic - the backup camera recall - has anyone had any action on the recall?? For me it has been months with crickets after getting the recall notice and enquiring at the dealership (“we will contact you when we have the parts”). Is Mazda usually so lackadaisical on safety recalls?