Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 11:53 AM

I am getting close to dropping the pan to install the sender for the temperature gauge. So while I am there i will be changing the filter and pan oil service. I pulled a sample of the transmission fluid this morning after a short drive of 15 miles. This sample will be sent to Blackstone Labs to have analyzed.
Blackstone Laboratories
https://www.blackstone-labs.com/engi.../transmission/

Blackstone Laboratories
416 East Pettit Avenue
Fort Wayne, IN 46806
Phone: 260 744-2380 (8-5 EST)
Fax: 260 745-2200
https://www.blackstone-labs.com/?ses...ljkfg%29%29%2F

Old 06-23-2020, 11:54 AM

It was VERY warm here in Lincoln Ca yesterday...107f @ 430a.m. and it is not even Summer yet!

Pretty good IAT ^^ considering the ambient coming into the intake system

Last edited by Callisto; 06-23-2020 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:23 PM

I actually had to order Transmission fluid today. This is the first time I didn't have what I needed in my garage inventory of fluids that could be used in my Mazda ATX.

Oh well had to happen at some point.. So I have a case coming for the project I mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Callisto; 06-23-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:44 AM
Default Brake Fluid Check

As a pilot we have to go through a pre-flight check list. So after doing this for years flying I carried that practice somewhat to my daily driven street vehicles. Brakes are a really big deal because as far as I am concern they are the single most important system on any vehicle! So as a matter of regular routine checking brake fluid.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:16 PM
Default Plus point to the pandemic

Plus point to the pandemic...... much of the time now there is no one at our community park. So I pulling up on the lawn for a picture of the Mazda offends no one!

Old 06-27-2020, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Callisto
As a pilot we have to go through a pre-flight check list. So after doing this for years flying I carried that practice somewhat to my daily driven street vehicles. Brakes are a really big deal because as far as I am concern they are the single most important system on any vehicle! So as a matter of regular routine checking brake fluid.

For peace of mind, and pedal feel, I flush my brake fluid every 12 months. Mazda stipulates every 2 yrs.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
For peace of mind, and pedal feel, I flush my brake fluid every 12 months. Mazda stipulates every 2 yrs.
I hear ya. I delayed changing mine because I knew I would be doing it when i changed out my calipers and rotors with the upgraded parts.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
I am getting close to dropping the pan to install the sender for the temperature gauge. So while I am there i will be changing the filter and pan oil service. I pulled a sample of the transmission fluid this morning after a short drive of 15 miles. This sample will be sent to Blackstone Labs to have analyzed.
Blackstone Laboratories
https://www.blackstone-labs.com/engi.../transmission/

Blackstone Laboratories
416 East Pettit Avenue
Fort Wayne, IN 46806
Phone: 260 744-2380 (8-5 EST)
Fax: 260 745-2200
https://www.blackstone-labs.com/?ses...ljkfg%29%29%2F
The results came in today for my Transmission.

So I highlighted the water mention that they found. I had to laugh. The way I pulled the sample was a clear tube that I had just rinsed it out with water so I could pull the sample at the dip stick and draw it through the tube by using the lips/straw method. LOL I guess it shows how good the test is because I really thought the tube was dry?

Old 07-03-2020, 10:01 PM

Gathering up more parts for a couple of upcoming projects and service tasks.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:05 PM

I was noticing some of the things that seemed to influence the IAT's. So I thought I would experiment with installing a modified can catch on the low pressure side or breather side of the PCV system to see if I am ab;e to influence a lower intake charge. The breather side introduces hot air from the engine directly into the intake via th throttle body. So if I route a longer hose and close to the flow of the radiator fans I may be able to do some trickery to lower that temperature? Will see. It all for fun and not really to make any claims of anything other then a successes of a theory?

The can is mounted but I need some different AN fitting and also I am out of silicone 3/8 hose. I have standard Goodyear 3/8 emission hose but it does not look as nice a silicone hose. for the input and out put.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do