Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 04:45 PM

Finally a day I feel that the fallout from the ash caused by all the fires here in California a semi sunny day and not any amount of crap falling from the air that I can't wash the engine compartment. I posted a day or so ago cleaning the air-filter and you could see the ash and dust that has accumulated in the last couple of months.
So the pressure washer was tasked to wash the engine and then a little detailing.

Old 09-17-2020, 10:19 AM

Racing Beat front Sway Bar and new higher capacity end links. I will be doing some upgrading to these parts before installing this winter.

Old 09-19-2020, 07:31 PM

I clean the cabin filter again today. I will be glad when the skies clear of the ash.

Last edited by Callisto; 09-19-2020 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:33 PM

I changed my spark plugs. I was not ready to change them out as I normally for a street driven engine will change them out at 10k miles these were given to me to try out. Also I never use anything except a copper single electrode spark plug. I have done counting hundreds of test using an oscilloscope and never ever once found an advantage to using any other kind of spark plug even in performance racing and performance engines.
The spark plug to change them out is about a 1/2 hour job for me. I am about all aspect with special consideration to the threads. Everything is meticulously cleaned and prepped with anti- seize for the spark plug threads, dielectric grease for the boots and even a little on the coil securing bolts. The spark plug gap is carefully checked and adjusted if needed. The spark plugs are carefully torqued and everything is then wiped down. Then everything is logged in the records book.

Old 09-20-2020, 12:35 PM

I am a bit behind in completely changing out the brake system fluid but I am still waiting on a few brake part upgrades to be shipped to me. I tested the fluid to make sure i was not starting to be concerned. O like my brake fluid to "always" be perfect! Looks like even at 28,400 miles (rounded up) it is still in the lowest readings. Never the less i do have the fluid ready for the task. I am going to be replacing the MAZDA brake fluid with MOTUL 660.

Old 09-21-2020, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Just do what I do & flush the brake fluid every christmas.

I just need to make sure the A/C is cranking in the house as it can easily hit 100`F outside.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:39 AM

My comment response is NOT meant for debate or discussion if you want to talk about spark plugs please start a thread about the subject of spark plugs if you want to discus them. My personal observation and choice of what I will use and will be continued to use in my MAZDA!

Originally Posted by Callisto
I changed my spark plugs. I was not ready to change them out as I normally for a street driven engine will change them out at 10k miles these were given to me to try out. Also I never use anything except a copper single electrode spark plug. I have done counting hundreds of test using an oscilloscope and never ever once found an advantage to using any other kind of spark plug even in performance racing and performance engines.

My comment response is NOT meant for debate or discussion if you want to talk about spark plugs please start a thread about the subject of spark plugs if you want to discus them. My personal observation and choice of what I will use and will be continued to use in my MAZDA!

Well after running the new type of plugs for a week I am changing back to Champion Copper single electrode spark plugs in my MAZDA 3. I ran the engine up on the scope today and it seems my wave form was higher with the new sparkplugs and might possibly be contributing to the slight decrease in MPG I have observed.

It seems my mind was changed years ago when BOSCH first introduced the platinum spark plugs to the industry. We all got to test them out and wondered what all the excitement was really about. I won't go into the failed spark plugs and problems that came following them when other spark plug companies all brought along to the retail market their latest spark plug technology? I sti;ll tried all most every one of them and in street stock and performance engines that were multiple carbureted, nitrous injected ,Turbocharged and Supercharged it seemed the best spark plug alway was a properly chosen and gapped singled electrode spark plug. My personal choice is Champion.

My preferred gap is .042 Nitrous use then .030

Last edited by Callisto; 09-24-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:33 PM

Some early morning pic's.....

I can't seem to get away from grim_reaper ........ LOL

Old 09-30-2020, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

I'm watching you buddy.

Old 09-30-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Racing Beat front Sway Bar and new higher capacity end links. I will be doing some upgrading to these parts before installing this winter.

Well can't let things go un-upgraded.... LOL Nothing a rattle can paint can't fix.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do