Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 11:26 AM
Default Just for fun

Just for fun!

The metal powder in my transmission pan on the magnet is normal wear in your transmission. There was no signs of different kinds of metal nor was there large fragments which would have had me going WTF and contacting MAZDA ASAP.

I just wanted to play around with separating the goo from the metal on the magnet just to see how much there was.

Now mind you hopefully on the next oil filter change I should not see any where near as much wishfully thinking none at all?

Old 11-14-2020, 11:37 AM

And a short little video of the magnet fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrhu...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-15-2020, 03:14 PM

Well I did not account for the size of Nitrous Nozzle I choose to use needing larger mounting area and space then the normal NOS Foggers. So I will have to machine up a complete new and wide Throttle body spacer to fit bot the Water/Meth injection and the Nitrous nozzle at the same time. This will also work better for the Water/Meth nozzle which I will now be able to counter sink the nozzle holder to lower the nozzle spray end even with the bore of the spacer .

Nitrous oxide and water/Meth nozzles

Nitrous oxide and water/Meth nozzles

Nitrous Nozzle

Water / Methanol nozzle

Last edited by Callisto; 11-15-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2020, 05:52 PM

It was a colorful sunset today at my house!

Old 11-22-2020, 01:12 PM

I will be "rolling" these up next month to see what the true engineering specifications are and then running some base line theoretical numbers on a special engine program to see what I can do to improve from Mazda. Generally I can achieve about 5-7 hp gain on 4 cylinders from my cams. Will see?? If not then they will make a great garage wall display. lol

Last edited by Callisto; 11-22-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:45 AM

After changing my filter and oil pan oil in my transmission a couple weeks ago I realized that I wanted a better way to see the fluid when I drop the pan in the futre to change the filter. So I had a NEW transmission pan powder coated Bright white.

Old 12-08-2020, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
The plan ...... I will use the rear pipe section and cut the it and install a Porter Muffler as the replacement for the resonator. This way I will not reduce the exhaust flow and it will act as a pre-sound level reducer before it goes into the twin small tail OBX mufflers. So theoretically I should have a nice sports car sound only being produced out the tail pipes and not increase the sound level or sound resonance in the interior. In Theory LOL

As I always say this thread is not about what will work but more simply what I want to do...... for the fun of it.

I had to get 2 Stainless Steel 2.25 ID x 2.5 Reducers for the Porter Muffler. I also will use 2 2.25 Inch Stainless Steel V-band with stepped male and female rings
If I do not like the sound I can easily swap it out for something else and not worry about gasket's.

Old 12-08-2020, 05:00 PM
Default fl22 coolent

ok you seem to know what your talking about. is fl22 really necessary or can I use a universal or Asian coolant. i have a 2012 Mazda 6.

Last edited by grim_reaper; 12-10-2020 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-08-2020, 05:29 PM

The quote from my first response on my thread:
Originally Posted by Callisto
I wanted to do a thread for FUN on the the projects I.... ops I meant the wife and I will be doing to the MAZDA. Please keep in mind this is not going to be a technical thread in any way. Some of what we do may to some seem ridicules, in-practical, unreasonable, functionally questionable and down right insane but hey its our MAZDA right? Besides all of us like to do things the way we want anyway.

Also a WARNING do not attempt to copy what we do to our MAZDA unless you truly believe I know what I am doing and can duplicate the project in every detail. And I have been told so often in my life that I don't know what I am doing so maybe better just look at my pictures and have a good laugh on me with my fun with my MAZDA.
Originally Posted by Philippe Sprowls
ok you seem to know what your talking about.
Thank you for the compliment but this is not the thread I want to really answer anything technical on. I will say however I like Peak products

Peak
(800) 323-5440
USA
(847) 559-2000
International

Old 12-10-2020, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Philippe Sprowls
ok you seem to know what your talking about. is fl22 really necessary or can I use a universal or Asian coolant. i have a 2012 Mazda 6.

​​​​​​​Do not add or mix any coolant other than FL22.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do