Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 09:34 AM

ya so back to my transmission cooler project...
I will be using this cooler and will be mounting a fan to it. The question is will I mount the cooler remotely or cut under the hood scoop and mount it there? I think I will also be adding the remoter spin on filter as well. Hmmm... will see???

Last edited by Callisto; 12-12-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
ya so back to my transmission cooler project...
I will be using this cooler and will be mounting a fan to it.

8 inch 1700 CFM [size=13px]reversible[/size] 10 blade fan

Old 12-12-2020, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Did you end up buying or building an adapter plate to bolt up in place of the factory trans cooler?

Old 12-13-2020, 08:02 AM

I I built my own adapter from aluminum stock so I can use flat gasket instead of o-ring. And for the water exchanger I will run a long narrow cooler along the factory radiator which will increase coolant capacity and also add a little more surface area for controlled temperatures.

Old 12-14-2020, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Photo?

Old 12-14-2020, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Photo?
It getting powder-coated. When I get it back naturally I will post it up.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:10 AM

A few things that go on during the first 20 seconds after the engine has cold started.

1) Engine Start

2) 10 seconds after cold start

3) 20 seconds after cold start

Old 01-05-2021, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Photo?
It getting powder-coated. When I get it back naturally I will post it up.
Here are the basic parts I have machined or acquired for the project. I may still make some more changes as I get closer to the actual installation. I have not yet finalized exactly how I will be controlling the fan yet either nor have I started the relay and switch harness for it. I did swap out the original intended cooler for this one in the picture. The Transmission inline filter adapter can be used with many brands and type of spin on filters.

All parts are only lightly placed for the pictures. There respective type and location may change during the installation. The hose in the picture is not high Pressure hose and will be
changed out for High Pressure hose for the installation

Old 01-14-2021, 10:38 PM

Currently Cork Sport does not offer a drilled and slotted rotor with their BBK. So I will use the Stop Tech rotor as a guide to drill my Cork sport rotors on the mill at the shop. This is only for aesthetic not necessarily for any performance improvements.

And to be clear I engineered and design a BBK for another platform that was sold world wide for about a decade
so this is not my first time machining up rotors to Perfroamcne levels

OK so an all day project to set the pattern by hand and then do the machine drilling to match the Stop Tech drilled pattern on my Cork Sport rotors.

The next step after a cleaning will be to paint all the drilled holes with brake caliper BLACK PAINT.
This was after all for the looks only.

Last edited by Callisto; 01-14-2021 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:46 PM
Default Day Light Running Light Manual on/off switch

Disclaimer:
Don't copy this do your own because I may not know anything about the 12 volt electrical system on a vehicle and ECU programing.
Please don't ask me all the details of this project, I already forgot any answers to question you might have.
I know this only works for singing it like a song... sung to the tune of "Me and my MAAAAAZDA" . I have already had something similar
and it has been working now for over a year with no problems, wait what is that smell of electrical components burring up?? LOL.

Really I just wanted to share another project only and NOT talk about the technical aspects of it!

The purpose was to be able to quickly as I desired turn off and on the day light running lights without have to do the BS dialable procedure. Why I want to turn themn off is simply the wanting to be able to do so. Its a "A" personality control thing! LOL

Here are my simple parts for the basic project:

I will post more "pictures" as I complete the harness and do the install.

Last edited by Callisto; 01-18-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do