Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Disclaimer:
Don't copy this do your own because I may not know anything about the 12 volt electrical system on a vehicle and ECU programing.
Please don't ask me all the details of this project, I already forgot any answers to question you might have.
I know this only works for singing it like a song... sung to the tune of "Me and my MAAAAAZDA" . I have already had something similar
and it has been working now for over a year with no problems, wait what is that smell of electrical components burring up?? LOL.

Really I just wanted to share another project only and NOT talk about the technical aspects of it!

The purpose was to be able to quickly as I desired turn off and on the day light running lights without have to do the BS dialable procedure. Why I want to turn themn off is simply the wanting to be able to do so. Its a "A" personality control thing! LOL

Here are my simple parts for the basic project:

I will post more "pictures" as I complete the harness and do the install.

The basic harness is now assembled. I can install it in the fuse box run the leads out the fuse box lid to a quick disconnect and the secondary harness into the passenger compartment. The "Lighted on off switch's only needs a ground wire. The 15amp fuse will be under the dash close to the switch. Should the DRL fuse blow I can access it from under the dash. But I doubt that will ever happen?

I did test it and it works great ! But then I had something that was was a crudely quick bypass with no switch for some time. So this is much better.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:24 PM

OK so an all day project to set the pattern by hand and then do the machine drilling to match the Stop Tech drilled pattern on my Cork Sport rotors.

The next step after a cleaning will be to paint all the drilled holes with brake caliper BLACK PAINT.
This was after all for the looks only.

All done machining them but still need to repaint them.

CorkSport does not offer this BBK with drilled and slotted rotors but now I have a unique set!

Old 02-11-2021, 11:10 PM

For a new interior upgrade i decided to install a center Tachometer. So I ordered a custom Tach with a adjustable RPM Shift light . The face bezel pointer and font are all custom to what I wanted.

It will mount in front of the speedometer. I realize it will obstruct some of the dash caution lights but if they do activate I will still be able to see them by simply looking slightly to the right or left of the slim Tachometer.
The Tach is connected via directly to the OBDII diagnostic connector which makes it a very simply plug-n-play device.
I am old school and IMHO the tach is more essential then the speedometer.
The MPH will still be easily seen on the Ultra Gauge to the right of the Tachometer.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:44 PM

I ordered the 3 3/8 gauge bracket to see if would fit and how it would look. I am glad i did the 4 inch gauge would have been to big. The downside is that I will only get shift light and nit re-call with the 3 3/8 Tach.

I I custom ordered how I wanted the gauge to look. I tried to stay with MAZDA Font and yet a little HOT Rod like the RED needle. I also wanted it to match the AutoMeter gauge bezel that is in my custom console mount. So when SpeedHut sent my invoice I copied the picture of the gauge I ordered and sized it on my photo shop program and then cut it out and placed it as it will be mounted on the dash to see how it will look in the end.

SpeedHut
https://www.speedhut.com/

Old 03-02-2021, 11:09 AM

Engine Oil filter and oil change @ my 3000 mile mark as well transmission pan fluid only this time. Next engine oil and filter change I will drop the pan and change the filter in the pan and install my new transmission pan I just had powder-coated.

I measured the amount removed from the transmission pan and replaced the same amount removed.

I always replace the Drain plug washers on the engine oil pan and the transmission oil pane when they are removed for fluid service.

Old 03-03-2021, 10:28 PM

Did my 5000 mile tire rotation and complete tire ,wheel and wheel well cleaning.

I also pulled the plastics under engine and did a complete cleaning of the chassis and also an engine cleaning.

The interior and exterior for another day.

Old 03-04-2021, 10:42 PM

After hand washing and detailing the 2 lower chassis covers they are no re installed with new fasteners. Little bit of wear starting to show now at 31000. miles in all types of driving conditions from snow to desert. But then my Mazda was never intended to be a garage Queen but a daily driver which is exactly what it is.

Old 03-05-2021, 05:17 PM

Washed and did trim detailing and condition of the exterior plastic and rubber parts.

Old 03-06-2021, 08:05 PM

About 3.5 hours detailing the interior. The picture dont really show the cleaning but I meticulously clean all the door jams and all the weather striping. I even use a vacuum cleaning in a semi sealed door to vacuum all the dust particles in the air for about 30 minutes after I have wiped and applied leather conditioned and cleaned all the windows.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:36 PM

After just doing a complete detailing and with summer right around the corner I have numerus projects that I have been slowly starting and procrastinating to finish and install. One long winded project was adding more sound reducing material. I had originally want to add it to the plastics chassis cover but I experimented placing a 3 lb lead weight in the center and it sagged. That is about the weight of adding material over the complete lower plastic chassis cover. So I ordered the CorkSport Aluminum Skid Tray manufactured from 0.090” 5052 Aluminum. This will not only give the [size=13px]undercarriage[/size] some added protection but I can add several pounds if needed of sound reducing [size=13px]material[/size] and it will hold support it just fine. I talk with Zak at Crok Sport prior to [size=13px]ordering[/size] and he agreed that the CorkSport Aluminum Skid Tray would be perfect for the project.

CorkSport Aluminum Skid Tray

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do