Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 12:55 PM

I think I have powder-coated or painted all my to be installed rear suspension parts now? Now I just need to get around to installing all of them.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:23 PM

Going to be doing my third DYNO day with the MAZDA. So this time I wanted to change a few parts before the run.

More CorkSport goodies!

Old 04-17-2021, 01:31 PM

Getting a little inspirational for the little details I thought why not polish the large stainless steel washers that come with the new Cork Sport mount? So in the pictures I polished one and will do the other later but it makes for a good before and after. Now the important thing here is this mount will look fantastic when I mount it! But as some of you know no one will ever see it except for me and the pictures after I install it. This particular mount is buried under the battery and ECU box.

Side by side comparison of polished and none polished washer.

Notice the high quality reflection HA!

Notice the high quality reflection HA!

Last edited by Callisto; 04-17-2021 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:45 PM

From my first posting in this thread:
Originally Posted by Callisto
I wanted to do a thread for FUN on the the projects I will be doing to the MAZDA. Please keep in mind this is not going to be a technical thread in any way. Some of what we do may to some seem ridicules, in-practical, unreasonable, functionally questionable and down right insane but hey its our MAZDA right? Besides all of us like to do things the way we want anyway.

So I have been giving some thought since I considered to install a separate transmission cooler system. I was tosses around the idea anyway how to evacuate some of the heat soak and just generally increase the cool air flow inside the some what include engine bay. While my designed air in take will pull and actually pre cool the air charge into the engine I had thought to also use it somewhat to help with the under hood air temperatures to lower them . I am not sure if the scoop idea will work because of clearance and when I get around to installing my spring the MAZDA will be an addition .75 (3/4 inch) lower all around. So I bought a inexpensive scoop that is held in place with 3m tape to pop on and drive for a week and see if it stay or get knocked off>

Old 04-21-2021, 02:35 PM

started to assemble my own Hood Strut Kit and then my marketer informed me that we had an account with RedLine. The struts are proprietary engineered by Redline and unlike most all other hood struts these are specifically designed for a hood not like most that are "universal" replacements by size and pressure. The install is about 30 minutes. It took me a little longer because I had to do my own little mod to them.
Red Line
https://www.redlinetuning.com/

Removed the OEM hood stay bar and placed plastic fasteners in holes

Old 04-28-2021, 11:12 PM

I checked my Brake fluid and my coolant today @33,000 miles. The brake fluid is perfect and the coolant is adjusted almost exactly where it was last year when I diluted the volume from 50/50 to 60/40. The meter showed 56/44 so close enough.

Cleaned instrument for picture reference only.

Old 05-04-2021, 11:43 PM

From my first posting in this thread:

So I have been giving some thought since I considered to install a separate transmission cooler system. I was tosses around the idea anyway how to evacuate some of the heat soak and just generally increase the cool air flow inside the some what include engine bay. While my designed air in take will pull and actually pre cool the air charge into the engine I had thought to also use it somewhat to help with the under hood air temperatures to lower them . I am not sure if the scoop idea will work because of clearance and when I get around to installing my spring the MAZDA will be an addition .75 (3/4 inch) lower all around. So I bought a inexpensive scoop that is held in place with 3m tape to pop on and drive for a week and see if it stay or get knocked off>

A little bit of progress. I had to order a few electrical parts to make this all happen. I really needed to tie all the fans together as a single operating unit controlled by the ECU as well separately controlled by manual and preset thermal sensors of my chosen on settings. Below is the partial wire harness build at this point. It will all make better sence as I get a little further along. I still want the under the hood install to at least look clean and not just a mess of wires.

Old 05-08-2021, 10:47 PM

I had to get 2 Stainless Steel 2.25 ID x 2.5 Reducers for the Porter Muffler. I also will use 2 2.25 Inch Stainless Steel V-band with stepped male and female rings
If I do not like the sound I can easily swap it out for something else and not worry about gasket's.

Well got the exhaust welded up but had to make a few changes. The biggest was to use 2.50 ring clamps instead of the 2.25.
So the rear section pretty much finished now I need to plan out the front which will be more of a challenge because of limited space for the cut out.

Last edited by Callisto; 05-08-2021 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-09-2021, 07:44 PM

Breather side can accumulator at 5000 miles check and clan service. No oil residue of any kind in fact the can was completely dry and clean.

After I changed the pan and filter I had leak free issues until the last couple weeks, It seem maybe in the future I will apply a sealant on at least the threads of this one pan blot. It leaked a very small amount of oil. But never the less it was a leak detected and addressed. problem, LEAK RESOLVED.

Old 05-09-2021, 09:05 PM

CLEAN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT TODAY AS PART OF A SEVERAL DAY CLEAN A ND DETAIL TASK.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do