Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 10:28 AM

Yeah I knew that the factory does not incorporate a Cold Air intake. However; I now see you have some clever ideas in the works...

Old 08-16-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by cuzed2
This also appears to be almost directly under the area of the factory CAI ?
Not the best pictures yet I have not had a chance to take pictures on a speed bump.
My driveway from the tarmac entering the cement area at -5degree then jumps to 22 degrees leaving 3 inches of clearance. this would be taller the regulated state speed bump height. My drive way then continue at a 12degree incline but by then the car is level. There is 6 1/2 inches of clearance from the bottom of the little scoop to the ground.

I will say I ordered another scoop exactly like that one to mount on the other side more for aesthetic and asymmetry.. (the looks of balance)

Using my garage fan as a wind source I was able to measure volumes of air with my Dwyers Magnehelic differential pressure gauge

Old 08-20-2021, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Machining a Throttle Body Spacer.
I needed a spacer to install a Intake air temperature sensor,water/meth injection nozzle and a couple extra threaded ports for other possible future projects. Once again no one offers this for the 2018 Mazda 3, ATX 2.5 NA so I just will make my own.

I finialy purchased a new block of aluminum, for the new spacer. The last one pictured in previous posts served well but had some short coming that were unexpected. The next spacer will be much better for the purpose intended.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:07 AM

did a brake fluid check and am in the first stages of indicating to do a fluid replacement. So intil I do a complete fluid service I did a fluid change in the brake fluid reservoir to at least make me feel good.

I have more but they are in my first maintenance report book from day one.

Old 09-12-2021, 06:28 PM
Question Racing beat muffler question

Originally Posted by Callisto
Installed a Racing Beat muffler . Very simple straight forward about 30 minutes.

The sound is very subtle and only wakes up if I get into the throttle. This is what I was looking for....no gains in anything just a little more curb idle sound to give the performance impression.

Later and only for the “FUN FACTOR” I am going to attempt install exhaust cutout. At this point it looks like it might be a clearance challenge?

Stock Muffler

Stock muffler vs RACING BEAT

First post on forum. Scrolling through your Mazda 3 mods, all i can say is WOW and AMAZING, Thank You.
I have a 2021 CX5 Carbon edition (non turbo). The only engine mod so far is K&N air filter.
I would like to install an axle back exhaust and would like to know why you chose the "RacingBeat" muffler vs other brands such as Corksport, Borla, etc.?
I am looking for a low to moderate exhaust tone, nothing loud and obnoxious that would p--s off the wife.

Thank You
George m44

Old 09-13-2021, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by george m44
First post on forum. Scrolling through your Mazda 3 mods, all i can say is WOW and AMAZING, Thank You.
I have a 2021 CX5 Carbon edition (non turbo). The only engine mod so far is K&N air filter.
I would like to install an axle back exhaust and would like to know why you chose the "RacingBeat" muffler vs other brands such as Corksport, Borla, etc.?
I am looking for a low to moderate exhaust tone, nothing loud and obnoxious that would p--s off the wife.

Thank You
George m44
George thank you for the kind words and compliments ,
The Racing Beat is stainless steel fibers. This means that it will break in over a few thousand miles. As with most of these constructed muffler's there is a predictable sound increase. At this point it is very quiet at highway speeds but if I throttle into it has a nice low tone sports car sound. My wife still does not know I installed a "performance" muffler.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:43 PM
Thumbs up Racing beat vs. Borla Exhaust

Thanks much for your reply. I am leaning toward the Racing beat axle back muffler however also considering the Borla muffler. The Borla customer rep. told me the baffle material inside muffler is a "ceramic" material that doesn't break down.
They make a Touring low tone version that may be suitable for me. Do you have any experience or info. on the Borla muffler that may help me in my decision between the two brands?
Thanks again.

George M

Old 09-14-2021, 09:29 AM

George M[/QUOTE]
George because I set this thread up to be a none technical thread I sent you a pm. Your questions and my responses may invite others to take this thread way off topic .

Old 10-20-2021, 12:31 PM

After a weekend trip to Oregon and taking a few off road excursions I needed to do a complete washing from head to toe.

Old 10-20-2021, 12:31 PM

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do