Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 10:17 AM

Old 01-29-2022, 10:19 AM

Thats it for DAY #1

Old 01-30-2022, 11:17 AM

Checking Battery condition and all the connections.
Cleaning the K&N air filter
Checking the condition of the brake fluid.

Checking the condition of the brake fluid.
History. At one checking the fluid indiacted needing to be changed.

Newest condition of the brake fluid.

Checking Battery condition and all the connections.
Load Test Battery at rest 24hours.

Cleaning the K&N air filter
​​​​​​​Although normally I would pull the intake Throttle body tube and Throttle body, I will save that for another day when I wash the engine compartment. Visually inspecting and wiping with a paper towel showed NO OIL RESIDUE form the K&N Filter

Old 01-30-2022, 11:18 AM

Old 01-31-2022, 04:29 PM

Today I only felt like cleaning the back back half of the undercarriage. It was sunny but still cold enough and when I get wet, and I do get really wet doing this type of pressure washing cleaning it is to" fricken" cold. At 52F even the Sun shining won't keep you warm when you're wet.
I use simple green then do a little brush scrubbing rinse it and then apply CAR Washing soap. Then pressure wash everything very well. The only thing I dislike is that although everything is clean it not gloss looking. The NEW CAR looks. So, when I finish in a few days the rest of cleaning the engine compartment and front half of the undercarriage will apply metal treatment and conditioner. Just to make it look really good.

Old 02-01-2022, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

If you ever decide to visit me, bring a sponge.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:47 AM

Old 02-01-2022, 03:48 PM

Today washed and did a quick detail on the front subframe and wheel wells. I will do another pressure washing of the wheel well area when I do the tire rotation next week. Its better when the wheel/tire is off to do a better cleaning of the wheel well area.. The front was not as bad but still needing a little cleaning up. One of the pictures shows my front bumper... I think with all those chips at 38k miles my MAZDA thinks it is RED. The hood is about the same condition.

Old 02-02-2022, 12:44 PM

Day 3 of the cleaning and detail task. Today the engine was washed. I could not detail it because I was out of my detail fluid and had to order a gallon. So that will come later.
I should mention that if you are not comfortable washing your engine then DON"T!
Washing a MAZDA engine is easy and very safe. I do remove my aftermarket air cleaner and seal the intake boot. I also lift the fuse/really cover and place it in plastic bag and reattach it. Those are really the only areas of water concern. I have washed my engine on this MAZDA at least a dozen or more times in the last 3 years with no issues or problem. Mostly because I don't use chemicals and let the engine set in the sun for several hours after washing. You can see in the picture that I started and moved the MAZDA a few feet closer to the garage opening and the engine started like it always does. Technically having the hood up gets a few of my nosey neighbors to shake a figure because the HOA and CCR stipulates no vehckle maintenance. The grey area is you can wash your car. So, I define washing a car as any part of that car. LOL

I used white rags to wipe and dry the engine compartment. There is a little of dirt from getting into really tite area's but for the most part they are still clean and white.

Old 02-02-2022, 12:45 PM

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do