Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 01:20 PM

And this just arrived. But I will wait until I do the tire/wheel rotation out in the street up on the Quick Jack.

Old 02-02-2022, 04:09 PM

I brought it in the garage and did a quick detail wiping. I will still need to go over it again after the tire/wheel rotation and exterior body wash. I use my garage fan on high for the afternoon directed on top of the engine to aide in faster drying from the engine washing.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:00 AM

Thanks for the detailed reports. I always learn something from your posts.
Question: What is the item fastened to top of the fuse relay box?

Old 02-03-2022, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by george m44
Thanks for the detailed reports. I always learn something from your posts.
Question: What is the item fastened to top of the fuse relay box?
Thank you for the interest in my projects and my thread!

It is a spare fuse panel for other projects I have not installed yet. One is a manual override radiator fan control. You can see in that same picture the relay for that project just above the extra fuse panel.
Somewhere in my thread you can see the custom wire harness I assembled for that project.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:23 AM

Its just been way to cold for me to do to much with the cleaning and detailing. But I did at least pick at some of the parts removed for the oil/filter servicing. And I treated a few more parts on the subframe. But util I can get the wheels off many areas are just difficult to get access.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:47 PM

Today was tire & wheel rotation, then meticulously removing all the small stone and glass from the treads then on to, completely cleaning the tire wheel assembly. Then detailing each wheel well with Adam Undercarriage treatment. Now all is left is the exterior and the complete cleaning and detailing of the interior.
Today's work with setting up and then cleaning and picking up all the tools was 5.5 hours starting at 7:30 am this morning in 39F weather. But at least it was sunny all day today.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:49 PM

Old 02-16-2022, 11:37 AM

Wow. Your car is more took care of than I was my entire life! Lol. I am blown away by everything you've done & not only have you just sat me down and put me in my place (im not worthy! :bows: ) , but you've inspired me.

Old 02-16-2022, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Luna369
Wow. Your car is more took care of than I was my entire life! Lol. I am blown away by everything you've done & not only have you just sat me down and put me in my place (im not worthy! :bows: ) , but you've inspired me.
Thank you SIR!
You reminded me I need to finish my detailing and cleaning. It has been just to cold here lately. My MAZDA is just a totally fun car. It is actually even our family's (me and the wife) designated daily driver. I don't normally when we go on trips up and down the coast fear driving it almost anywhere except all gravel or dirt roads. But even then, I have made exception and drove really really really slow. LOL
I think because it is BLACK (Mica) the dirt is like a magnet and driving around in a dirty vehicle just doesn't not set with my personality?. As for the projects...its in my blood... I don't think I have owned a totally stock car that did not have something I changed?
I look forward to you getting in some projects and posting about your MAZDA!

Old 02-17-2022, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Thank you SIR!
I look forward to you getting in some projects and posting about your MAZDA!
Im a misses, not a sir and I dont usually get too involved on forums because A. I don't know what Im talking about for the most part, and B. I'm usually too busy. I haven't modded my car out much because its not a turbo, she's old and doesnt need me ******* her. I did, however, give her a bit more...personality, lol. And since I've had her I've just been trying to learn how to do as much of the maintenance & repairs that I can do on her myself.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do