Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 09:37 AM

Looks like I will be doing the AC cleaning today. This is my house at 7:30a.m. Sunshine and even a moon.

Old 02-18-2022, 02:11 PM

Rolled the front of the MAZDA up on ramps. Puller th cabin filter which didn't look bad and tossed it to replace later with a new one. Pulled the blower motor cover off and access my previously installed duct tubing. This time I ran a can of sanitized up the drain tube to the condenser as well as the one in the front. I also replaced the factory blower motor with a much more rugged and high CFM aftermarket blower motor. You can see in the pictures all the improved features comparing the OE blower motor. It is a little loader on the high setting, but I personally like the extra air flow. The service took about an hour and half from start to finish. The AC now smells clean and fresh good to go until the end of summer when I will do this service again.
Oh, I will be reinstalling my K&N Cabin filter in a few days I just want the newly cleaned system to completely be dried out from the servicing.

Old 02-18-2022, 03:55 PM

Last project for today is cleaning the Throttle Body, MAS and MAP sensors. The MAP was actually oily I think its time I start seriously thinking about getting the PCV oil catch can on.I have noticed now as I have over 35k miles that there is starting to show signs of some light carbon build up on the intake valve. I do have a system that keeps it for the most part reduced, but I think it time for some better PCV oil control in the intake.
The Throttle body only had some slight cleaning along the very edge of the contact area were the throttle plate closes. It still takes a old toothbrush to get into that area for serios detail cleaning. All this took about 2 hours because I dropped my small flashlight inside the intake manifold and had to spend 20 minutes fishing it out. LOL

Old 02-18-2022, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Callisto
All this took about 2 hours because I dropped my small flashlight inside the intake manifold and had to spend 20 minutes fishing it out.

Old 02-18-2022, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator
Talking

Old 02-23-2022, 05:29 PM

It was a little warmer here today (when I started34, 452Fwhen I finished) so I spent the morning washing the exterior. Nothing real special except I did need to spend a little more time on the door jams and all the weather and soft seals.
Nest will be the interior...maybe tomorrow? But that will be at least a 2–4-hour job.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:29 PM

NEW as in for this Product availability as of only a few days ago) from Cork Sport and VersaTune for 2.5 Skyactiv N/A

I will know have TOTAL Tuning capabilities of my MAZDA's ECU !!!!

Old 02-28-2022, 12:29 PM

Today early this morning I did my preventive mold treatment to the interior of the car.
I am very careful about watching al the operating temperature which are engine coolant in and out of radiator and also the exhaust and IAT.
After the fog sits with window's up for about 45 minutes, I open the front 2 windows for about an hour and the service is then done for another 4-6 months.

Old 03-03-2022, 03:47 PM

Ok done with everything after 2 weeks... of CLEANING AND DETAILING TOP BUTTOM AND INSIDE.
I did not take many pictures of detailing the inside. Except the way I clean the vents. With those I am pretty thorough. Wipe with alcohol, use a soft brush to get the dust and then blow out the vents with filtered compressor air. The center console gets some close attention and I also hand washed my dash cover.

DONE.... DONE..... DONE.... now I read the weather it is supposed to rain tomorrow...
And we are going on a 700 mile 4 day road trip the following weekend so I might be washing the Mazda again in a couple 3 weeks... LOL

Old 03-19-2022, 11:13 AM

Well I cleaned the MAZDA to get it all dirty again. LOL. We went on a 4 day weekend getaway to San Semian/Cambria and Solvang California coast. Nice round trip of 998 miles.
I average great MPG and that was really good considering that the price of 91 octane fuel was stupidity ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do