Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by frotasticben
Good to know, I was hoping it would help with the draw from my amp, the stock Alt doesn't quite cut it.
I have been tossing around tearing down a pair of factory rear head rests to use the frame and mounting rods only and installing a trio set of speakers to enhance mids and highs in their own upholstered case resembling a small head rest. to blend in with the rest of the interior behind my head. Give me the feeling I am playing in the band , so to say. I can run a separate amplifier with manual switched power volume control so I can adjust the sound volume level precisely and separate of the main system. If I turn the GIAN up to 75% of amplifiers capacity I can then turn down the manual volume to balance it out with the main sound system. This way I can have some greater enhanced mids and highs and also if needed can easily remove the speakers from the factory head rest mounting holes to remove them from the system anytime.

Like my thread tittle: Mazda3 Things I like to do

Old 04-11-2022, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
I have been tossing around tearing down a pair of factory rear head rests to use the frame and mounting rods only and installing a trio set of speakers to enhance mids and highs in their own upholstered case resembling a small head rest. to blend in with the rest of the interior behind my head. Give me the feeling I am playing in the band , so to say. I can run a separate amplifier with manual switched power volume control so I can adjust the sound volume level precisely and separate of the main system. If I turn the GIAN up to 75% of amplifiers capacity I can then turn down the manual volume to balance it out with the main sound system. This way I can have some greater enhanced mids and highs and also if needed can easily remove the speakers from the factory head rest mounting holes to remove them from the system anytime.

Like my thread tittle: Mazda3 Things I like to do

I was thinking about putting 8" speakers in the front doors with the tweeter in the sail panel. I'm almost positive they will fit. The Bose system for the Gen 1 had 9" speakers, but the Gen 2 had 6.5" for the Bose system. After pulling apart the dash and noticing that there was still a 2DIN hole for the stereo it made me think they just revamped the trim pieces and dash.

Old 05-09-2022, 03:22 PM

I frequently will place my MAzda battery on a charger just to health charge my battery once in a while. Also, anytime I park the MAZDA for more than a day I will connect the battery tender/charger to the battery. So, I thought why not just make a harness to connect directly to the battery Tender/Charger instead of always clamping at the battery and a ground which eventually starts to damage parts.
I made the new harness and will use the power accessories' circuit I had already installed for other project a few months ago. The 7.5 fuse will work perfectly to protect the battery and the charger. I ran the wire along other wire harness and left the connecting end just under the radiator cowling for easy access and connecting up to the battery charger/Tender

Old 05-09-2022, 03:24 PM

Old 05-25-2022, 04:07 PM

Did some color changing under the hood. Also, it was my 3000K miles time to change the engine oil and filter. I am doing my summer viscosity of 10w40 as I always do when the ambient Temperatures daily are in to the 90's to 110F + and I start to use the AC more often.

Old 05-31-2022, 06:23 PM

So I am in the habit now to clean my MAP,MAS and what I can easily get access to the inside of the main body of the intake manifold. There is oil. I have a textbook perfect engine in all respects to cylinder leak down and cylinder compression yet the DI Engine with no catch can on the PCV side show accumulation of oil from the PCV system in the intake that does go into the combustion chambers and can support the development of carbon deposits. that also is completely operating perfectly. The small oil film that accumulates on the sensors made a detectable difference in how the engine ran as well I could see it from the data logging records I am always updating. So the cleaning immediately had the engine running smother, acerating better and a trip to fill the tank showed the gain or better worded return to my normal MPG. The air cleaner could have gone a few thousand more miles but a K&N Air Filter is so easy to clean I do that often as well or at least every engine oil and filter service at or near 3000 miles intervals.

Old 06-02-2022, 05:13 PM

Washed and detailed the engine compartment, engine and front under chassis and engine.

Last edited by Callisto; 06-02-2022 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:19 PM

Old 07-22-2022, 09:48 AM

Installed a improved DRL (DRL, daytimerunninglight) manual switch with indicator power on switch.
My other one worked well but it was bulky, and I could see the switch very well. This one after installing there are no wires that can be seen and the switch is under the dash in the cover easy to switch on and off and lightly illuminates when powered on. My other swich had a super bright LED which was annoying.

Last edited by Callisto; 07-22-2022 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:59 PM

I am very particular to keeping my battery in top condition. So, several times a week when I park it for the night, I place the battery charger on it. To make a at a glance check up on the battery voltage under the hood I decided to install a digital gauge.
Here is where I am at with that simple project.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do