Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 01:23 PM

ENGINE cleaning today

No detailing yet just clean!

Old 03-03-2023, 03:20 PM

This looks a little better. Not a complete fine detail because I still need to pressure wash the underside of the car and the engine compartment will get a little wet. But it it s good start. At least I feel better when I open the hood. HA!

Old 03-04-2023, 02:21 PM

I thought I would clean the rear section before it rained today.

Old 03-04-2023, 02:28 PM
Old 03-07-2023, 12:45 PM

Today before the rains begins for the next week.... . I cleaned the front subframe and chassis. Much was actually getting under the car with a soft cleaning brush. Then light pressure soap wash and rinse. The reinstalled the 2 plastic covers with all new fasteners.

Old 06-01-2023, 01:29 AM

Jesus Christ - For starters - Then that air intake baffled me - I thought it was CAI - but oe performace CAI ive seen/ had historically are routed to a lower spot not getting direct air- or H2O in the rain - but damn - Thats a masperpiece - I need a 4 wheel lift for tire rotations - any chance you might let me know the brand in the pic ?
Awesome - my friend - belongs in a museum / and the road -tough decision - but we only rent the stuff we have anyway -

Old 06-01-2023, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by retread888
Jesus Christ - For starters - Then that air intake baffled me - I thought it was CAI - but oe performace CAI ive seen/ had historically are routed to a lower spot not getting direct air- or H2O in the rain - but damn - Thats a masperpiece - I need a 4 wheel lift for tire rotations - any chance you might let me know the brand in the pic ?
Awesome - my friend - belongs in a museum / and the road -tough decision - but we only rent the stuff we have anyway -
Thank you!

It is a Quick Jack.
Very inexpensive and works fantastic!

Old 06-14-2023, 05:01 PM

I spent 6 hours total that actually took the whole day between breaks to wash and complete polish the body for the start of up coming summer. I wish I had washed the engine compartment before I did this because it is a bit dusty under the hood. And the interior as well needs about 2-3 hours of cleaning and detailing. I burned through several foam polishing pads getting all the winters buildup off the paint. It still needs at least a couple more passes with the fine foam pad but my **** is tired. Maybe next washing ?

What sucks is that you can not appreciate the Mazda MICA Black paint in these pictures. Al my pictures never seem to get the full effect of Mica Black as it is in person.

Last edited by Callisto; 06-14-2023 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-14-2023, 05:04 PM

You ever notice that garages are never big enough for all our car and other vehicle stuff that accumulates over the years??
2 cars and 3 motorcycles is just 2 much for a 2 car garage.

Old 06-26-2023, 12:01 PM

Well,well I was very surprised to get a DTC. It was a single PO421.
P0421 code means that the vehicle's control module has detected that the three-way catalytic converteris not working properly (is not as efficient as the factory is expecting).

This was unexpected as most DTCs are but I did the diagnostic tree of solving the problem. Looking at the CATF at low RPM and highway speeds of 80MPH sustained the temp[rutre values were right on as expected. So doing a little data logging of both Ho2s from cold start open loop operation to closed loop normal driving operation. There was a discrepancy in the front and rear Ho2 reporting voltage. So that was easy enough to pull both the Ho2 and have a look at them. Once seeing them and my resent spark plug change was easy to diagnosis, I needed 2 new Ho2. I frequently run a true Octane booster to achieve 100 octane fuel. (I like my power) but this will often play havoc on o2 and Ho2 sensors. It rarely effect a CAT because of the operating temperature's they run at which can exceed 1300F.
I replace both my sensors with BOSCH HO2s. Cleared all codes and pending codes as well reset my monitors and took The Mazda for a 260mile trip with no DTC and monitors are all in state of readiness.

[img]https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mazdaforum.com-vbulletin/800x600/img_20230620_120236843_2_a8c01de8a89e75e69bad6c965 2b56aee1f0d694a.jpg

Last edited by Callisto; 06-27-2023 at 10:17 AM. Reason: resent spark plug change

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do