Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

What happend to your new engine cover?

Old 04-18-2020, 06:51 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
What happen to your new engine cover?
Thanks for responding to my thread.
I have a tendency to bounce around between several projects not all Mazda related and not all vehicle related either. There are actually several project on this thread i have posted about that are either finished waiting for me to install them, semi finished waiting to get re inspired to finish them, i.e. brakes all new rotors drilled and slotted and paint all 4 calipers, hard and braided brake lines, The suspension is collecting dust now etc, etc,... LOL.

But here is the cover in the spare bedroom along with my newly finished fuse cover that I have not posted about yet and even my front spoiler I just finished and pictured in this thread . I still need to pull the strut bar off and re-do it to match the covers. LOL And then there is my hood that was finished on the car and then a mishap that necessitating putting the stock hood back on and re-doing the whole hood project. Sh*t happens and all you can do is move on.

grim_reaper take notice of post-it

One of my other projects:

Last edited by Callisto; 04-18-2020 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

I congratulate you on your level of enthusiasm to vehicle modification and customisation.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
I congratulate you on your level of enthusiasm to vehicle modification and customization.
Thank you sir!

I dont want to take away from my MAZDA by posting many pictures of other cars. This is my other MINI which is the supercharged. The other in the previous post was Turbocharged. Both are highly modified mostly with parts I engineered and developed from engine to suspension.

I engineered and design the front and rear BBK

Some of these suspension parts are also my engineering

This engine has a custom 3 stage Fogger Nitrous system and is also LPG augmented I wont say what it puts down but my original goal was 500 form a 1.6. I missed it a little.

Last edited by Callisto; 04-19-2020 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:36 PM
Cool Enough of my other cars

Last edited by Callisto; 04-18-2020 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Yes I still like just a little chrome. I am in the process of making my own front grill emblem to replace the Mazda grill emblem.
I also got mixed opinions from a few forum members about my choice of "OLD SCHOOL" American Racing 5 Spoke Wheels on other forums.

These pictures below are a project in the works

This is the trail fit,before the finish polishing and fitment. I used duck take on the back to hold the 3 parts on the grill just to see how it looks.

I did say that my projects are long in the making. I have some that I have even been working on for over a year with the Mazda.
This one is getting close to the long project. Weather has been nice here in California the last week so I got the polisher and started to go back on the front grill emblem. The last picture in the series is close. I still need to get out the fine swirl marks and clear coat it before I can mount it on the grill.

Old 04-23-2020, 06:28 PM
Default Another oil change

A little maintenance today. I was slightly over my 3,000 mile mark to change my oil and didn't feel much like really doing anything else today. I always change my engine oil and filters between 3 and 5k miles depending on ho I have been driving. These day with the big "C" and not being able to get out of town and stay over night in a hotel 3k miless seems to be in order with all the stop and go around town driving.

It is only about 40 minute very casual task.
You may notice I use a magnet drain plug.
And I choose the viscosity oil used in this engine which comes from .....knowing engines... hahaha!
Besides I have had this engines oil analyzed 3 times now using different viscosity oil and have some empirical data to make a judgement on what works.
Some may notice a little something different when i drain the pan, when the oil is down to just dripping I will spray WD40 in the pan until it drain clear. This will remove almost all the old oil as well anything that may have settled in the pan and not drained out with the old oil.

Old 04-25-2020, 10:04 AM
Default Bored at home today

Bored at home today!

I never liked slowly changing the white/creme ascents in the interior to all black with a touch of blue and having the red door lock indicator sticking out. Yes i know the silver door plate needs to be addressed as well. I did actually a couple times but have realized that I just need to 3m vinyl it instead of a cover. But on to the door lock. I choose to cover the red in a carbon fiber blue. What was a simple task turn out to be about an hour job. That little recess area that the red is not as easy as measuring and cutting. I have to manipulate and slightly stretch the vinyl to get it to cover the red and look good. IMHO I was pleased with the finish.
Now what am I going to do with the rest of my day?

Old 04-28-2020, 05:16 PM

I thought I had already posted these pictures but I can't seem to find them on my thread? The use of Nitrous came up today in conversation so I thought I would post these.

I already had it as a project to install both water injection and Nitrous on my Mazda 3. It was one of the reasons I machined both a larger throttle body and a spacer to accommodate the nozzles and also an additional Intake Air Sensor (IAT) .

Although I will use most of a N.O.S. Sniper kit there will be a few changes that I made to fit the Mazda 3 with it 2.5 Skyactiv engine characteristics with both the engine and the Automatic transmission.

The Fogger Nitrous Nozzle is not installed yet I decided on a different type of nozzle because of location of the spacer. The water injection nozzle when tighten will be close to flush with the direction of the air flow inside the Throttle body. I am going to convert the stock washer reservoir for use of the water /alcohol mix. I can still use it to spray on the windshield it just will not have the cleaning agents that wiper fluid normally has.

Preliminary fitment of the solenoids and lines. This may change later but it gives me a good idea for mounting location.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:47 PM

I used my friends powder coating company and finished up my Nitrous Bottle in Satin Black. I will likely custom make up the line in either black teflex or just cover it in a black wrapping. Not sure at this point where I want to mount it! The Nitrous system is more for the purge effect and not so much for performance use. But I will do a few with and with out 1/4 passes when the track open back up this summer just to see how much quicker the Mazda 3 can run with N20.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do