Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

mazda3speed

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Default RE: mazda3speed

If any one wants to trade me just shoot me a email thanks guys

Old 02-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Acleeeaannn car and some well taken shots (pics) can do wonders for that??

To paraphrase a phrase... This request is [sm=ttiwwp.gif]
I would trade you, but I have an '04... N/A 3 and while I like it (it could use more hp) you would certainly feel let down.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:54 AM

I currently own a o6 mazda 3 i touring (bought 8/06) and was disappointed to find out that the mazda speed 3 came out shortly after I bought my m3, I thought ok in a couple of years i'll trade my m3 and get the mazda speed 3 so I recently went to a dealer to test drive the 08 speed 3 and was told I couldn't take the car on the highway and that I could only test drive it near the dealer which is located near a residental area. I told the sales person I'm not buying a car unless I can drive it at various speeds to see if the car handles as avertised. His responce was you have a m3 now just imagine 100 more hp. I left the dealer and sadly didn't get the speed 3 yet. I've done research in this forum on the speed3 and noticed alot of people have had complaints with there speed 3 i.e overheating, clutch problems and some have had engines replaced, I don't want to experiance any of those problems after buying the car, and there's the issue of the car getting bad gas mileage, I know it has to do with the right foot but I know I'll have the same problem. I guess I'm wondering if I trade my 06 m3 and lose money on the trade and go into more debt is it worth it since my car will be paid off soon.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

From all practical stand points, probably not. From the smile factor you will certainlygetfrom the Speed....?
Keep in mind though that the Speed needs 91 octane fuel too, and insurance rates will almost certainly be higher.
How badly do you want it?

I too would love to be able to trade-in my '04, but needing to be more practical in my own life these days, the money just can't be justified. It's just not going to happen, but I will always regret it too, I'm sure.

Does that help you answer your question?